Home Match Day Thread +++ 7/12/2019 OUFC V Shrewsbury Town +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what's so suspicious about a second new account signing up to express their concerns about how great Wycombe are using a similarly structured username. Seems legit to me and I think the point about Wycombe being great sounds very true.

Doubt it. This is what I love about Oxford - it’s the level of self delusion. ‘Big club’ my a**e. You might make the playoffs at a stretch, but you won’t go up. I’m not saying that we will, but we’re going to give you a proper spanking on the 21st. Merry Christmas PNL.
Is that you Ronan? There can’t be two “chair fans” in Kidlington surely?

I don’t mind Wycombe and think what they’ve achieved this season is incredible. I fear they may well beat us next week. But they should enjoy it because they’re probably in the highest league position they’ll ever have.

A lot of people are forgetting this in the whole "plucky wycombe" narrative. They spent a f*****g fortune in the summer. Players like David Wheeler do not come cheap. Ainsworth is still overachieving, but they are hardly the bargain bucket side made out by the media.

That won't stop Ainsworth pleading poverty though.

Which part of the article do you disagree with?
Anyone and everyone being offended on behalf of people . Pikeys is not a 'race ' is it ? A derogatory term yes but after seeing the mess , anti social behaviour, dodgy jobs left by those charmers I don't have any sympathy. Can we call people Aussies ? Take the mick out of the Welsh with sheep? I fail to get offended easily but others seem to essily. Sticks and stones etc

Anyone and everyone being offended on behalf of people . Pikeys is not a 'race ' is it ? A derogatory term yes but after seeing the mess , anti social behaviour, dodgy jobs left by those charmers I don't have any sympathy. Can we call people Aussies ? Take the mick out of the Welsh with sheep? I fail to get offended easily but others seem to essily. Sticks and stones etc
Aussies, Pakistanis, Jews, Catholics, Black, Chinese, White, Gypsies... We are all the same race, the human race.

Racism is, as you pointed out, using derogatory terms, to describe those who are different in some way.

The use of Aussie or Pomme is not derogatory, its light hearted.

First game for a while, picked a good one didn`t I ?
Ref was at best poor, they played a variation of 1-9-1 or so it seemed.
Every time Fosu got the ball there were 3 on him.
The "anti football" has been well covered and a better ref would have sorted it much earlier on.
The negativity spread to the crowd....until Mackie came on.... he`s another Maguire really!
Could have beaten them, could have lost...... we roll on.

I have to say that I thought they missed a chance to win that.

With a high level of mitigation on the level of midfield injuries etc. they were all over us in the first 20 minutes but then just started wasting time at every possible opportunity and created next to nothing. I can understand a team in mid-table coming to spoil it and worry about us based on the run we've been on and what we've done to Tranmere, Lincoln, Doncaster, Gillingham, Southend etc. over the last few months..... but surely when you then play a team with four first choice starters missing who then get another two injuries in the first hour of the match... well surely you have to have a go?!

Having seen so many times when a Wycombe, Stevenage or any one of Fatty Evans teams have come to the breeze block over the years and got a 1-0, or 2-0 playing like that I actually think it was a good point one. The changes KR made during the game (and agree it wasn't working with JH at DM) might help us get set up more effectively at MK - especially with Gorin coming back from his ban.

Saturday was tremendously ugly, and the ref was completely inept.......

......but if you're a mid-to-lower table League One side, that's trying to keep clear of the relegation battle and is happy with a point at the Kasstad, then that is exactly the way to play against us. A consistent, niggly high press - never giving our midfield any time on the ball - and then get the ball forward quickly. When those sort of teams try to out-football us, we tend to crush them.

So while Sam Ricketts isn't going to win any friends or style points for that sort of tactical plan - it was probably the correct approach for Shrewsbury.

As an aside......was trying to work out how many ex-Oxford players were currently managing in the football league. I've got Ricketts, John Dempster and (briefly) Garry Monk. Am I missing any others?

Aussies, Pakistanis, Jews, Catholics, Black, Chinese, White, Gypsies... We are all the same race, the human race.

Racism is, as you pointed out, using derogatory terms, to describe those who are different in some way.

The use of Aussie or Pomme is not derogatory, its light hearted.

That is incorrect....racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Two of the definitions in your quote are religions, one is a lifestyle choice. ?

They may well be paying a bit in wages, but I'd hardly pretend that Wycombe are trying to buy promotion. I would be amazed if their playing budget is as high as ours.

Our budget this season currently stands at 2 million plus any bonuses from player sales in January(Unlikely). We are out of all the cups so no extra cash there.
That’s a £200,000 increase on last season and was confirmed by the new owner after his takeover vote.

I have no idea what yours is but I’m guessing around 3.5 million??

Our budget this season currently stands at 2 million plus any bonuses from player sales in January(Unlikely). We are out of all the cups so no extra cash there.
That’s a £200,000 increase on last season and was confirmed by the new owner after his takeover vote.

I have no idea what yours is but I’m guessing around 3.5 million??
You’ve had a cash injection

2.2 million to buy 75% of the club.
2 million to pay off all our debt and £200k to add to the 1.8 million budget we had last year. Our maximum budget for the season is 2 million plus any bonus revenue.
The Trust still own the ground and the new owner pays £150000 per annum to rent the ground.

2.2 million to buy 75% of the club.
2 million to pay off all our debt and £200k to add to the 1.8 million budget we had last year. Our maximum budget for the season is 2 million plus any bonus revenue.
The Trust still own the ground and the new owner pays £150000 per annum to rent the ground.
Cheap rent

That is incorrect....racism is prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
Two of the definitions in your quote are religions, one is a lifestyle choice. [emoji16]
Ummm that's pretty much what I was saying, hence providing various categories that are discriminated against.

They must be doing something right as they have only lost to Gillingham and top scorer is there leftback!They are top for a reason!Hate to say it but I’m worried they will turn us over on the 21st,our injury problems are a concern

Just a reminder that:

1. we don’t see you as rivals. Go and look at the rivals thread to validate that you’re not mentioned and about a dozen other clubs are

2. Joining our forum pretending to be an Oxford fan is perhaps a rather Freudian desire playing out in role play

3. You’re not even a nifty troll

Thanks for visiting

Just a reminder that:

1. we don’t see you as rivals. Go and look at the rivals thread to validate that you’re not mentioned and about a dozen other clubs are

2. Joining our forum pretending to be an Oxford fan is perhaps a rather Freudian desire playing out in role play

3. You’re not even a nifty troll

Thanks for visiting

Imagine playing Oxford City more times than us over their history and yet its us they want the rivalry with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom