Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

I worry about Moore being absent foe the run-in more than I worry about Brannaghan.

While Bran is consistently one of our best players, we do at least have some kind of capable cover for him. The thought of Jordan Thorniley having to play the last 5 games doesn’t fill me with confidence 😬

Moore was superb today, as was Brown. That’s the first time in months I have watched them and felt they could’ve dealt with everything the opponent had no matter how long we played for. Far better. And on the ball they seemed to have some confidence back, carrying it where they could etc. Brilliant to see and hopefully holds at a vital time.

Negru surely. Need a right footed player.
Negru has been excellent when called upon
Him and Moore at CB with Brown LB was when we where most solid
Its a sin he is not involved serious future in tje game

Moore was superb today, as was Brown. That’s the first time in months I have watched them and felt they could’ve dealt with everything the opponent had no matter how long we played for. Far better. And on the ball they seemed to have some confidence back, carrying it where they could etc. Brilliant to see and hopefully holds at a vital time.
I give credit to the whole defence on Saturday even tho they were sh:tte Burton were horrible to play against alongside the awful conditions & pitch that was a proper solid defensive display we saw under Des for once which has been our biggest problem to date with our defending has gone back to days under Robinson’s era (maybe due to the fact most of the KR coaching staff are still here)

Players player is, imo, the most coveted award to win at the EOS awards night.

Being voted by your peers as the stand out player is great recognition and I think Moore is a worth winner.

Personally, I think he lacks a little bit of vocal leadership to be captain but his performances throughout the season have been excellent.

I’m not keen on the awards evening being held before the season has finished. Why do we do this?
A number of clubs do it.
Peterborough and Portsmouth's were last Wednesday, Bolton and Northampton were over the weekend, Derby's is Tuesday night.
Lincoln's follows their last home game on Saturday coming.

I assume it's because it takes some planning with venue hire, guest speaker etc. so you're booking the date months in advance.
And therefore you either have it in season where you know players/staff will be around.

The alternative is that you have to plan it in for after the play-offs are over, in case you're in them.
But if you're then not in the playoffs, you end up holding an awards night around a month after the season has finished, with it being likely that the majority of players/staff will want to be away by then.

Last edited:
I’m not keen on the awards evening being held before the season has finished. Why do we do this?
Southampton was meant to be on Wednesday, but the manager cancelled the whole thing and they are not doing one at all this season now. This can be quite a big money spinner for the clubs as the sponsorship arrangements they do for the night awards can be very good. Cancelling it like Southampton have done will easily have cost it between £60,000 to £120,000 maybe more.

A number of clubs do it.
Peterborough and Portsmouth's were last Wednesday, Bolton and Northampton were over the weekend, Derby's is Tuesday night.
Lincoln's follows their last home game on Saturday coming.

I assume it's because it takes some planning with venue hire, guest speaker etc. so you're booking the date months in advance.
And therefore you either have it in season where you know players/staff will be around.

The alternative is that you have to plan it in for after the play-offs are over, in case you're in them.
But if you're then not in the playoffs, you end up holding an awards night around a month after the season has finished, with it being likely that the majority of players/staff will want to be away by then.
I thought most, if not all players are contracted to at least end of May, even June if I recall correctly, so as most play offs are completed by the end of May (in the case of this season, 18th May for us) so well in advance of the contracted dates. So players etc should be available. And I’m sure guest speakers (Mark Lawrenson) would have been free or someone even more special!

I thought most, if not all players are contracted to at least end of May, even June if I recall correctly, so as most play offs are completed by the end of May (in the case of this season, 18th May for us) so well in advance of the contracted dates. So players etc should be available. And I’m sure guest speakers (Mark Lawrenson) would have been free or someone even more special!

Footballers frequently return to full training towards the end of June and, if they reach the playoffs, could then play through to the middle of May. Many have young families or spend long periods of time away from families.

Giving them a few weeks off is not a lot to ask, but let's drag them back from holidays in order to have an end of season award ceremony (which is more a sponsor event than a players P**s up!) just to placate a couple of overly sensitive fans.

The released last will come out shortly after the end of the season. Not sure that players released will particularly want to come back.
Plus players would want to go on a ( deserved) holiday.
So I am.not sure with what is wrong having it now?

Players player is, imo, the most coveted award to win at the EOS awards night.

Being voted by your peers as the stand out player is great recognition and I think Moore is a worth winner.

Personally, I think he lacks a little bit of vocal leadership to be captain but his performances throughout the season have been excellent.
Scrongo's 'Donkey' is Players Player? Getaway!

Back
Top Bottom