Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

The likes of Long and McGuane are (rightly) getting a lot of plaudits at the moment, but a word for this man. Like other 'secondary' OUFC CBs before him, has moved into the right CB slot after initially being shunted into the left and has been utterly imperious. Didn't lose a header all game yesterday. Massive massive credit to him, especially after the events of the summer.
Is that 3 goals conceded in 6 games.
Since becoming captain he has looked a very good defender and has built a really good relationship with Atkinson

Scored yet another important goal tonight.
Looks a terrific player now.
He has started scoring goals ( which Dickie surprisingly never did)
You have to say that the club have been terrific at spotting and coaching Centre Backs in the past 5 years.
Dunkley, Dickie, Moore, Atkinson.

Much tougher tests to come and the young CBs are so young, they will make mistake and hopefully the fans at the game will not get on their backs (Atkinson will occasionally make mistakes dribbling out from the back)

Elliot Moore deserves the captains armband he has really settled into the side

I know he has his doubters, but I also think huge credit needs to go to Karl for the development of Elliott Moore. Robinson uses the captains armband to publically back players or give them a lift at difficult times and it's no coincidence that Elliott has grown as a player since being made captain. The same thing happened with Dickie last year, and even Baptiste after getting the arm band against Man City a couple of years ago.

Elliott has really grown this season and is already on the radar of other clubs. Hopefully we keep him long enough to allow Luke McNally to bed in, but he may be even better the way our recruitment is working!

Our centre back options are wonderful, Moore is as graceful of a defender as I've seen at this level and Atkinson isn't far behind. Imagine if he'd have scored from that mazy run :oops: Thought Grayson also looked handy and we haven't even seen McNally yet! And that's without how well Cafu held up in the position early on in the season. We are very lucky in that regard.

All we want is a team of Centre Backs and Left Wingers!

I know he has his doubters, but I also think huge credit needs to go to Karl for the development of Elliott Moore. Robinson uses the captains armband to publically back players or give them a lift at difficult times and it's no coincidence that Elliott has grown as a player since being made captain. The same thing happened with Dickie last year, and even Baptiste after getting the arm band against Man City a couple of years ago.

Elliott has really grown this season and is already on the radar of other clubs. Hopefully we keep him long enough to allow Luke McNally to bed in, but he may be even better the way our recruitment is working!
I would like to think we would keep Elliot Moore for another season at least, he seems very happy which is a big plus

He maybe is on some other Championship teams radar true...but if we get up I'm sure he'll want to stay-why wouldn't he? Decent club, great fans, great area, wage increase and above all that and what matters mentally is playing for a decent man manager.

A year of consolidation in the Championship and even more noticeable improvement in his career may well see him 'orf' with McNally stepping in.

Please sleep well,

COYY'S.

He maybe is on some other Championship teams radar true...but if we get up I'm sure he'll want to stay-why wouldn't he? Decent club, great fans, great area, wage increase and above all that and what matters mentally is playing for a decent man manager.

A year of consolidation in the Championship and even more noticeable improvement in his career may well see him 'orf' with McNally stepping in.

Please sleep well,

COYY'S.
I completely agree that we wouldn't want to lose him, especially for our first season in the championship! But we all know the model and in a strange way I'm almost more excited by the next in line rather than worried about anyone leaving.

He reminds me a bit of Gary Briggs. Not in the uncompromising way of defenders of that era but more his look, build and the unfussy, under stated way he is on the field. Briggs, for all his brutality on the pitch, never appeared to be that vocal and I always got the impression he could have kept the best striker in the country quiet and then slipped off home without a word. Moore strikes me as a bit the same, does his job excellently but sees it as just that - his job.

Have just said on the scum thread that this chap needs to be next on the new contract front. We can’t have him leaving for nowt in just over a year. He’s starting to turn into a proper gem and has really come into his own. On current form you’d expect him to be one of the best centre halves in the league come next season.

Given the difficult 12 months he’s had, between his father sadly passing away and his involvement in ‘that’ mix up at Wembley, he’s shown tremendous strength to push on the way that he has. Huge credit to the guy.

He can have one of my famous massages any time he likes, if that’s what it takes to get the deal done.

Have just said on the scum thread that this chap needs to be next on the new contract front. We can’t have him leaving for nowt in just over a year. He’s starting to turn into a proper gem and has really come into his own. On current form you’d expect him to be one of the best centre halves in the league come next season.

Given the difficult 12 months he’s had, between his father sadly passing away and his involvement in ‘that’ mix up at Wembley, he’s shown tremendous strength to push on the way that he has. Huge credit to the guy.

He can have one of my famous massages any time he likes, if that’s what it takes to get the deal done.

Now that we have a better idea on the return of fans to the stadium (and hence next years budget), I imagine that contract discussions will begin in earnest.

In normal times I may well have put him down as being one to profit from in the summer. Two good seasons under his belt and continued improvement will surely have caught the eye from above.

Despite my own commitment to the buy and sell on model, it’s a deflated market out there. A player worth £1m plus at least like Moore will be fetching a much smaller sum bearing in mind no team will have earned much of anything in revenues this season. Tying him up for a year on top of the one he’s got left would be essential for me and then look to make good money and profit from him after that when hopefully the market will have recovered a bit.

Better than Dickie.
There, I said it.
Dickie has done really well in the Championship by all accounts.
Nelson is near the top of the Championship.
Who will go the furthest out of Dunkley, Nelson, Dickie, Moore and Atkinson?

Dickie has done really well in the Championship by all accounts.
Nelson is near the top of the Championship.
Who will go the furthest out of Dunkley, Nelson, Dickie, Moore and Atkinson?
Dickie

Better than Dickie.
There, I said it.
I wouldn’t go that far!

Moore is excellent, has made great progress and has exceeded my expectations, a real calm and composed class act, who will play at a higher level.

But for me, Rob Dickie has all the attributes to make it to the very top, and play for a big premier league club, maybe even England one day.

He bossed all premier league opponents he faced last season, he’s having a great first season in the championship, and is being raved about by QPR fans.

With the exception of John Stones, who looks like he’s finally fulfilling his early potential, I can’t think of a single CB currently playing for England that I’d have in the team in front of Dickie.

Or Moore for that matter....😉

Back
Top Bottom