Away Match Day Thread +++ 4/12/2019 Exeter City V OUFC EFL trophy +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheer up folks, We didn't lose at the skip in this comp either IIRC...

Not a strong enough side on paper lacked quality all over, I would have liked to progress as that may well be two cup exits within a couple of weeks! How did long play?just hope we keep up the league run.

Very disappointing to lose in that manner and, to break the run of unbeaten games.

The worry being that we failed to convert chances in normal time. It's not the end of the world but, when you are on a run, it's good to keep going. If this was against Man City then I would think differently but, against Exeter who changed all 11 players for this evening, not good.

Yes IMO since we've lost on pens in the knock out stage of this cup.

It’s recorded on the United website as a draw.

All England’s penalty shootouts in World Cups are officially draws according to The FA and FIFA, which is good enough for me.

Tonight is a draw.

(If it wasn’t a draw, why did we need penalties?)

Missed opportunity. Slightly concerned as the team put out looked strong enough to win comfortably on paper. Not a huge concern though. Game at our place more important.
I wouldn't be too concerned. We played out a drab 0-0 draw, in freezing Devon in front of one man and his dog. I'm not really surprised that the players couldn't get up for this one.

Think we played this right, we didn't lose in the 90 minutes so we are still unbeaten, while we exit the tinpot trophy and can concentrate on the league Cup, fa cup and the league. It must be hard for the team to be enthusiastic about this Cup when the fans don't show up.

Think we played this right, we didn't lose in the 90 minutes so we are still unbeaten, while we exit the tinpot trophy and can concentrate on the league Cup, fa cup and the league. It must be hard for the team to be enthusiastic about this Cup when the fans don't show up.
proper dog s**t penalties though

Not a strong enough side on paper lacked quality all over, I would have liked to progress as that may well be two cup exits within a couple of weeks! How did long play?just hope we keep up the league run.
Thought long had an average game. Relatively solid in defence but poor going forward with wayward distribution. Only dickie, moore and maybe ford had decent games. Stevens was solid but distribution was a bit sloppy.

We lost to a largely toothless Exeter second XI. Three penalties, three goals. Saturday will prove a much sterner test. We have to keep the momentum going, that the team have worked so hard for over recent weeks. This and new players coming back, selection will be crucial. An experienced keeper, free agent, needs to fill the vacant keeper position.

proper dog s**t penalties though

Once it was confirmed a draw I had a feeling that there was only going to be one winner. I'm glad we are out of it, the only time a club makes abit of money out of the competition is if you get to the final, we need to concentrate on the league as we have an oppurtinity this year to be up there.

We lost to a largely toothless Exeter second XI. Three penalties, three goals. Saturday will prove a much sterner test. We have to keep the momentum going, that the team have worked so hard for over recent weeks. This and new players coming back, selection will be crucial. An experienced keeper, free agent, needs to fill the vacant keeper position.
We will have a weaker team out on Saturday than the normal league games with Gorrin as well as Brannagan and Baptiste out.
At least Fosu, Cadden Henry and Taylor should be back in the team.
Agree that we need to keep the momentum going and we need a win Saturday ( then the players should start coming back in midfield)

Well I suppose us going out will please the majority of our fanbase

Fair dues to Exeter. They deserved to win that in 90 minutes. We were totally toothless. Shows that without Henry, Fosu & Taylor we are pretty ordinary. MOM probably Elliott Moore, which says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom