Home Match Day Thread 30/01/2024 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't care less if Mous succeeded or not at Portsmouth πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ In fact, I'd rather he made a mess of it.
I like him a lot but I don't want him to do that well ... it's always good to finish above Portsmouth. Plus he might be our next manager so mustn't get too above himself.

If making a mess of it means them dropping a lot of points in their remaining games against the top 10 teams around us , I would rather (after tonight) they went on a great run.

I know we have our own issues to sort out, but Mous/Portsmouth taking points away from those around us would help. Much more so than say caring about whether the likes of Swindon lose in a different league.
They can draw against the top teams and lose to the bottom teams. Not that it matters if we don't get our own house in order.

I much more care about Swindon results tbf, but then I work with a scummer.

I like him a lot but I don't want him to do that well ... it's always good to finish above Portsmouth. Plus he might be our next manager so mustn't get too above himself.
In what scenario could that possibly happen? One in which Buckingham and Mousinho
both get sacked at more or less the same time, presumably. Rather unlikely, surely?

In what scenario could that possibly happen? One in which Buckingham and Mousinho
both get sacked at more or less the same time, presumably. Rather unlikely, surely?
A few years time , Des is poached by Bristol City and we approach lowly Portsmouth for their manager, as an old boy.

In all seriousness, it will obviously be a tough match as we have so many out injured but I think it will be a battling 1-1 with a spirited performance

Good to see the pre match mood is nice and up beat.
On the plus side, all the ones saying how we are going to lose won’t be having a melt down if we do…

It will be very OUFC if we get a win tonight against the league leaders. They have been in mixed form but have just had 2 wins on the bounce (albeit against Vale & Fleetwood).

Hoping for a scrappy win but would take a point tonight and a win on Saturday.

This game reminds me of when Di Canios Swindon came here
Everyone was expecting a defeat and they were top and we were struggling.
Then Beano got sent off early and we all thought the worse, however the magnificent Andy Whing came to our rescue and although they had so much of the ball we held on and won.
Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom