Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/02/20 OUFC V Southend Utd +++

Let's see what Southend turns up today, but if they try to do an AFCW, then I can't see it turning out well. We need to defend a lot better than we did on Tuesday - we were ok but got away with a few things that another team may score a goal or two. Attacking wise, just more of the same.

It will be interesting to see what KR does at RB - does Forde come in? Clearly KR seems him as a good option, so the more experience he gets, the better. Harsh on Long, but what's best for our promotion attempt? Tough one. Regardless, COYFY

3-1. Taylor bags a brace. I run onto the pitch at the final whistle, pushing Robinson over in the process, and lift Matty onto my shoulders, trying to look up his shorts as I carry him.

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
Regardless whether this is the sort of match we would normally lose ? if we don’t win this then we’re not good enough to be going up I mean this team is the worst in the country not just the league

Oxford United 7 (Taylor 3 Brannigan 2 Ruffles, Eastwood) Southend 1 Att: 7008 with 167 Sarfend fans. A dog will run onto the pitch. Ruffles and Eastwood will get into a fight about something that happened in the pub last night. Eastwood will break his little finger and Agyei, who's been left out of too many games, will get his chance .........in goal! COYY

Ive not read all the previous posts but Im sure its been mentioned that Southend have had to bring a teenage keeper in on an emergency loan from *ahem* Brentford as all their keepers are injured. So we need to pile the pressure on him from the start. (He’ll probably have a worldie though..)

3-0 to us. Goals from Henry, Browne and Dickie.

Regardless whether this is the sort of match we would normally lose ? if we don’t win this then we’re not good enough to be going up I mean this team is the worst in the country not just the league
Todays result will be a real 'statement of intent'.... agree this really is a should win game.... thing is , as always, football matches can and do produce 'unlikely' outcomes....hoping this aint one of them

I just seem to find that whenever the forum overwhelmingly predicts a win we don't manage it. Thus I'm trying to curry favour with the football gods.

I agree with you to the point where you try to pull a fast one with the gods of football, it simply can't be done.

Good team. Is that Sykes or Browne wide left do we reckon? Really wouldn't mind seeing Browne alongside CB in the middle again.

Hello campers. Raining kattens en honden here. Hope it's better in Oxford.
Concentration is the clue today. Keep that and we will win 4-0.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Not worried at all today ,but, in 90 minutes they will get a chance and you can bet your bottom dollar that they will take it so we have to get at least 2 to beat them. Given the last results we have had, I'm sure we will come out on top and the three points are ours.
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Back
Top Bottom