Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/02/20 OUFC V Southend Utd +++

No way should Taylor be rested. Play the strongest 11 and win strong.

Then a week off to recover before we kick on against Shrewsbury.

While I would prefer Taylor to start, to be consistent with my post ahead of the Accrington match, I would accept this as a game that he could be rested after, what has been, an intense February

Back in 2000-01, we were relegated with 27 points and 100 goals conceded. Southend could be on for that and some more. 16 points and 82 goals conceded.

Zero complacency for games like this. We need to get right at them and get a goal in early, I feel. A draw would be just as bad as a loss bearing in mind how poor Southend have been this season.

I’m not expecting a glut of goals but more than they score is fine by me.

While I would prefer Taylor to start, to be consistent with my post ahead of the Accrington match, I would accept this as a game that he could be rested after, what has been, an intense February

I kind of agree, but we must keep up the intensity (imo) and I reckon Matty will be up for it big time.

As long as we win.

Can Atkinson play left back?
Said he could in his joining interview iirc. Don't think he'll start but I definitely think we should at least sub him on. I also forgot about Dickie being one booking from a suspension which obviously further increases the likelihood of us needing Atkinson to start

For all their undoubted shiteness and huge goals conceded tally they have actually been tonked all that often.

Be nice to put that right, I still remember that 6-1 mauling....

They get my sympathy because their owner is effectively a not very good property developer (remind you of anyone?). However I want those 3 points tomorrow. Don’t really care what the score is. COYY

Back
Top Bottom