Home Match Day Thread 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Hey, it's Tuesday. Time to get 3 points.

Is this available on ifollow in UK?
My lad is away at Newcastle University so can't get to game, if it is I'll call him
Cheers

Would be nice to win this one, not least because my willingness to go to Sheff Wed has been destroyed over recent weeks.

Is this available on ifollow in UK?
My lad is away at Newcastle University so can't get to game, if it is I'll call him
Cheers
Yes it is. It's Saturday 3pm games that aren't.

For various reasons I might take advantage of it myself tonight rather than using my ST - I'll have paid twice so they'd better bloody win!

Yes the game is on I follow , I bought my match pass yesterday

Feeling optimistic tonight. We did everything right against the Gills except put the ball in the net, once we start doing that we'll start to see results go our way again.

Stevens
Long McNally Thornily Seddon
Kane
Henry Brannagan
Sykes Taylor Bodin

Reckon we'll rest a couple today, McNally in for Moore to not risk aggravating his injury, rest Whyte who was good at the weekend but has played a lot of minutes compared to the other wingers and Sykes/Bodin will be fresher having only played 30 mins on Saturday. Henry was clearly subbed early to rest him for today so drop him back to midfield, Kane to the deeper role and Gorrin rested. Reckon we would've seen Taylor rested for Winnall if he was fit, but can't see KR starting Agyei - would like to be surprised though!

3-1, go 1 down just before half time, the entire forum thinks here we go again, then it finally clicks and we batter them second half. Goals from Henry, Bodin and Taylor.

Reckon we would've seen Taylor rested for Winnall if he was fit, but can't see KR starting Agyei - would like to be surprised though!
I agree with you, it’s crazy to me though that given their respective recent performances for us, if Winnall was fit he’d probably be rotated in for Taylor, but Agyei won’t. Madness

You have to remember winnall is the best you can get at this level according to KR anyway where as agyei is raw and still learning 🤔
Winnall is past it, but still knows how to play and can contribute. Aygei has had numerous chances, and does not look to be L1 standard

Winnall is past it, but still knows how to play and can contribute. Aygei has had numerous chances, and does not look to be L1 standard
Despite my past hope that Agyei will come good (and I still do), it looks increasingly likely that neither he nor Winnall are good enough.

IMO a solution worth trying is to move Whyte more centrally and play any one of the other myriad wingers we have on the wing!

Agyei is league 1 standard if he is played in the right position (striker) and given more than 5 minutes
Winnall is past it he barely plays because he’s injured all the time when he does play he offers no goal threat

Oxford 1-3 Accy.

Accy go 2-0 up, Oxford start to play a bit in the second half and grab a goal, before a sucker punch Accy third.

Agyei brought on on 90+2 minutes to go and change it, but somehow it still ends 1-3.

Robbo praises the fans for the raucous atmosphere and tells us we are close to being a real force in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom