Home Match Build Up 28/09/2021 L1: OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Last chance to notch a win in September

Need to be better, quicker,slicker and much more clinical when chances are created

Get back to winning ways asap ....starting tuesday evening

Accy are playing good football at the moment and will be dangerous, But they will let us play too so we have a better chance against them than today against the Fatty Evans time wasters. I think we will win.

Accy are playing good football at the moment and will be dangerous, But they will let us play too so we have a better chance against them than today against the Fatty Evans time wasters. I think we will win.
I love optimism

Win takes us to 15 points. 1.5 average over 10 games. Failure to win would signal a poor start to the season.

Let’s try something different..
(3-4-3)
Stevens
McNally Moore Thorniley
Long Kane Brannagan Seddon
Whyte Taylor Williams

Let’s actually shoot when we get close enough to the goal and if we do go 1 up let’s carry on attacking not this tippy tappy triangle backwards sidesways s**t we were doing on Saturday

Reckon this will be a win and a performance that looks more like Lincoln and Charlton. Accrington play good football, but we play better. Just need someone to start actually finishing our chances.

Apologies for my outrageous raging optimism last time.
I don’t know what came over me.
I blame scotchers!!😂

I thought that Karl may have
bull-whipped the team into shape last week but clearly, that didn’t happen.
Two games of footgolf and a guess the weight of winnall tombola is not what I would call set play training.😆
When you think of Accrington Stanley, it is still difficult to believe that they are anything but a wooden bleacher stand and soggy pitched non-league outfit.
But they have defied their rep for years and have stood as strong opposition for us too many times to be dismissed lightly.
We have however, gathered a collection of good players together who have so far refused to play as a team for any longer than 45 minutes.
So, Provided that Karl has cut out a couple of unofficial tea breaks from the Horspath rd training sessions, We should start to see our boys play with a little more zest.

My final words of advice to them??

Football. onion bag. Go!👍🏽

I liked what I saw on Saturday (except the result).

Robbo likes to rotate Wingers and Strikers so I'd normally be expecting changes on the wing and upfront as standard.

Oxford have somewhat of a goal drought at the moment so I don't see him changing Taylor upfront at present (unless he's knackered)

Similarly with Henry, he keeps his starting place. This is why we saw him subbed off during Gillingham to have him available for Accrington

So, one change. Whyte out purely on rotation and nothing to do with not finding his form yet.

Who grabs one starting place up for grabs? Probably Bodin?

For what it's worth, I'd like to Whyte given game after game until he's firing.

Calls for 3 at the back initially excite me as I like McNally.

However, that extra body at the back rules out the Gorrin role... which equals a comprehensive change in formation Utd.

I don't think a major overhaul is needed.

It’s simple really a bit of fine tuning here and there plus up the tempo and we have a top 5 team on our hands !

I would drop Gorrin tomorrow, just based on I don’t think we should be playing with a deep holding midfielder at home. Brannagan and Kane is enough bite in there. Henry back in midfield with Williams (if fit?) and Whyte on the wings.

Referee is Robert Lewis. If my memory serves me right. Another tosser
Brilliant! Very clever to be critical of a referee before the games has actually started, just because 'memory serves'! I despair. How about a spot of altruism?

Don’t tell me the referees all avidly read this forum as well as apparently every single player and official from the club!?
Don't be ridiculous! I'm not saying that at all and you know it. All I'm asking for is some balance on the subject. It's all too easy to sit up in the stands safely surrounded by hundreds of fellow fans and criticise the individual on the pitch. Do I expect anyone to agree with me? No!

Aren’t most of the referees in this league tripe?
It’s more remarkable if they are just adequate from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom