Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/10/2019 L1 OUFC v Rochdale MDT+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with Cadden? Is he off in January? Or do we get to keep him?
Be a shame if he goes. Coming this way, States, isn't he?

Cadden's definitely wasn't a knock. Tweaked his hamstring making a run to support Sykes when we were on a break. Brannagan's happened during a well contested 50/50 tackle where he seemed to twist his knee slightly. Hope neither are serious.

And both going for scans on Monday to assess the damage.

I agree with what Robinson said that there are definite signs Hall is getting there. Looks much stronger than he did early season and you can see he’s thinking quicker when in possession. What a bonus that’d be to get him back to anywhere near his old self. I’ve sort of accepted him being a bench player at best this season but he’d be like a new signing if he can get fully up to speed by Christmas.
Well said, totally agree. I for one had written him off this season, but he showed enough today to suggest he could play an important part in our season down the stretch.

Another week of thinking we have a banana skin and another week of the game being nothing of the sort.

We have such composure at the moment. Our biggest threat is complacency.

And to think, this was without Taylor, Woodburn, Thorne, Hanson even in the matchday squad.

We're a joy to watch.

Well said, totally agree. I for one had written him off this season, but he showed enough today to suggest he could play an important part in our season down the stretch.

He needs to be kicked early on every game as it really fired up/angry.

Yeah would have been I think, the next time they played us was I think our last home game in the top flight and they won comfortably
The "Fergie Out" game was Fergie's first game as their manager in November '86, Big Ron had been sacked a couple of days before. That was 2 - 0 and - from memory I think Leworthy and Slatter scored. The 2 - 0 Littlewoods Cup game was in January '88 and as you say we also played them in last home game in top flight on May Day bank holiday '88.

The "Fergie Out" game was Fergie's first game as their manager in November '86, Big Ron had been sacked a couple of days before. That was 2 - 0 and - from memory I think Leworthy and Slatter scored. The 2 - 0 Littlewoods Cup game was in January '88 and as you say we also played them in last home game in top flight on May Day bank holiday '88.
Ah thanks for that. Was Aldridge and Slater who scored that day, remember it well.

We have such composure at the moment. Our biggest threat is complacency.

And I really feel like no-one around the club is getting too big for their boots.

Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich up next. However I don't feel any less attention has been given to the preparations for the Rochdale or Gillingham games in the past month.

Ah thanks for that. Was Aldridge and Slater who scored that day, remember it well.
You're right... God, I must be the first Oxford fan ever to get Dave Leworthy mixed up with Aldo!

Funnily enough I was saying to my dad earlier that I wonder if we'd had players who were obviously "good" players (Dreyer, Caton, Leworthy, Shelton, Foyle) but not had them immediately after the likes of Aldridge, Hamilton, Shotton, Briggs, Brock, Houghton & Hebberd) I wonder if they'd have been better remembered. If we'd had them at pretty much any other time in our history they'd have seen bloody good as they all had decent First and Second (PL and Champ) careers.

You're right... God, I must be the first Oxford fan ever to get Dave Leworthy mixed up with Aldo!

Funnily enough I was saying to my dad earlier that I wonder if we'd had players who were obviously "good" players (Dreyer, Caton, Leworthy, Shelton, Foyle) but not had them immediately after the likes of Aldridge, Hamilton, Shotton, Briggs, Brock, Houghton & Hebberd) I wonder if they'd have been better remembered. If we'd had them at pretty much any other time in our history they'd have seen bloody good as they all had decent First and Second (PL and Champ) careers.

And how they were made to pay by Gary Briggs!!

Best thing today was the performance of the subs. I cannot remember a time when we have had better quality on the bench. We should have won 6:0 again.

Also the stats are pretty amazing. 30 shots apparently.
Not too long ago we were struggling to have 30 shots all season.

Fingers crossed but we are the real deal. COYY

MOTM; Long - his cameo was scintillating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom