Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/10/2019 L1 OUFC v Rochdale MDT+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that and previous performances, we have an exceptionally capable replacement for Cadden in Sam Long. They are different players and we would slightly adjust our set up accordingly, but I would be very confident in having Long step up and you could see how popular he was after his goal.

Brannagan is obviously the biggest worry. Even if it is only bruising, I'd imagine that he'd not feature against Sunderland or Portsmouth. Anything worse and we could be looking at anything from 6 weeks to 6 months. If at the lower end of the scale, we are fortunate that we have a fairly quiet November and early December. Baptiste could certainly fill in but it does leave us short of cover on the bench. Hall played ok in the middle against West Ham and is getting stronger and fitter so could also be an option but it's all looking a little tight for numbers.

The Hayes and Yeading and Crawley games will hopefully gives us an opportunity to bring in some of the younger players to see who can step up to the first team. We have a fantastic togetherness throughout the squad so hopefully we will find a way to deal with whatever the outcome we get from the scans.

Incredible bad luck IF Cam has done his knee ligaments:

Agyei - broken metatarsal
Napa - broken leg
Hanson - serious hamstring tear
Thorne - broken/damaged shoulder
Woodburn - broken foot
Forde - groin strain
Cadden - hamstring strain
Brannagan - ?

It’s not even the end of October.

If they're going to try something like that at least try to hide it
The sad thing is that they would have to do that. Probably thought they would take in a footy game and not realised footy fans are treated as some sort of lower being. Of course if they had decided to go to a rugby game, no problem.

Edit: Oh and they had probably queued all of half time to get those beers as well

Last edited:
I was in the East Stand with a couple of mates (who support other teams!) and one of them went down on 43 minutes to queue to get a beer for us all, but there was only two very slow people working behind the counter and he gave up after about 10 mins, as did a number of other people. I feel a bit guilty about the club missing out on a bit of income but it was ridiculous.

I was in the East Stand with a couple of mates (who support other teams!) and one of them went down on 43 minutes to queue to get a beer for us all, but there was only two very slow people working behind the counter and he gave up after about 10 mins, as did a number of other people. I feel a bit guilty about the club missing out on a bit of income but it was ridiculous.

Don't feel guilty about the club missing out as they don't get any of the income. Farrs Catering, who pay Kassam for the privilege, seem a decent lot and do miss out though.

The sad thing is that they would have to do that. Probably thought they would take in a footy game and not realised footy fans are treated as some sort of lower being. Of course if they had decided to go to a rugby game, no problem.

Edit: Oh and they had probably queued all of half time to get those beers as well
It wasn't a big deal I got the impression they were foreign students,there were a few near us, they came in with beers followed by a steward who politely explained that they couldn't drink in the seats, they returned soon after to a round of applause from our group. I have no idea how long they queued. They looked like they thoroughly enjoyed the game as well

It wasn't a big deal I got the impression they were foreign students,there were a few near us, they came in with beers followed by a steward who politely explained that they couldn't drink in the seats, they returned soon after to a round of applause from our group. I have no idea how long they queued. They looked like they thoroughly enjoyed the game as well
No all done with smiles round, as you say it's the ground rules by law which are the problem for me.

No Cam no problem. We have Shandon Baptiste who’s just as good. Amazing set of midfielders at the club. Lots of depth, and that could prove vital as the season goes on.

It was bizarre Rochdale started the second half with 9 men. Surely with one trick or other they could have held up the start of the second half whilst their sub got ready.

The chap in the East Stand doing the "Give us an O" chant then stopping, apologising for stopping as his young daughter wasn't keen.
The highlight for me was the bloke in the north stand who got the ball as it went out of play and gave it to the little girl next to him, she kissed it and threw it back to Cadden who gave her a thumbs up.

It was bizarre Rochdale started the second half with 9 men. Surely with one trick or other they could have held up the start of the second half whilst their sub got ready.

And then their keeper was told to kick it out to get him on the pitch and instead it went straight to us.

When it did finally get kicked out, Rochdale then got the subsequent throwing?

Odd couple of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom