Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/10/2019 L1 OUFC v Rochdale MDT+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
A doddle, that. Never ever in trouble and had Taylor been playing it could have been biblical for Rochdale.

Thought their red was harsh but it didn’t change the direction of the game, just how Dale would look to contain in the second half.

A very competent performance. Hope the knocks to Cadden and Brannagan are just those and nothing serious.

Another win carries on the run! 10 unbeaten. Heady times! Just as an aside if we get to quarters on Tuesday is that first time since 1998 (when we met Chelsea in FA cup)

For all the talk of us having many games in hand over other sides, it would take Donny getting 4 or more points in their games in hand AND Sunderland winning by a margin of 10 in theirs for us to drop out of the playoffs now. Those midweek games showed how important it is to have the points on the board.

When was the last time we won FOUR GAMES IN A ROW 3-0 at home in the league? That's an unbelievable stat, Man City or PSG-like. Only got to watch the second half, which perhaps wasn't a hugely accurate reflection of the match as it was essentially a training game once Dale shut up shop, but we were so dominant. I'm really pleased with the nature of the goals too. While we all love the worldies blasted home from 25 yards, getting two goals from set pieces is far more important, in that those are the kind of goals that are far more likely to be replicated in the coming weeks and months.

Gutted I can't be in the UK to bask in the brilliance of this side. It really is a great time to be an Oxford fan.
At this early stage of the season I'm not sure why anyone is worried about games in hand. If we keep playing like we are, we will be fine

Really enjoyed that, I am now rushing back to the smoke for a westend session which I will really enjoy !

what's that - scored 22 conceded 3 since Tranmere (not including the kiddies cup)
this team is looking very special

Oxmail match report describe brannagan and cadden injuries as "knocks", so hopefully nothing serious.

Hope Brannigan and Cadden will be OK, its a real shame, if we'd of kept them on the pitch for a bit longer we may have been able to give Agyei some much needed game time.

Longy never really lets the team down, and Hall looked desperate to get a goal.

Oxmail match report describe brannagan and cadden injuries as "knocks", so hopefully nothing serious.

Cadden's definitely wasn't a knock. Tweaked his hamstring making a run to support Sykes when we were on a break. Brannagan's happened during a well contested 50/50 tackle where he seemed to twist his knee slightly. Hope neither are serious.

A strange performance - it got so easy, the team got a little sloppy at times - but good overall and the run continues on. I hope Brannagan is ok, but he seemed to be in a lot of pain. Cadden I hope is less bad. I can't help but wonder if Sykes is a better player when he's not in the team than when he is - not digging the player, but he's quite patchy at the moment and wasteful. He'll get there though.

Fosu is looking an absolute steal of a signing, he just gets better and better. Happy that Long tucked the chance away.

I'm told the red card is a stonewall red if you see it at the right angle - high, off the floor. It's a shame the Ref had a rather strange performance after that

That was as one sided a game as you will see all season.
We absolutely passed them out of existence.
Even if they had kept eleven on the pitch, we would still have comfortably beat them.
Our football was of another level to them today.
Some of our switch play was sublime, carving passes to willing feet was a joy to watch. Brannagan, Baptiste. Sweeping left and right, I struggle to recall a side of ours so brim full of talent and, Just when you think we are a bit stretched on the bench... Cadden comes off and on comes Sam Long and plays like that! Terrific!!
All runs come to an end, but I look at this squad and see a team who are like a swarm of angry f*****g ants, I don’t think that they are in any mood to let up just yet.
Brilliant performance lads just brilliant.

Four 3-0 wins at home sitting in the play offs, that’s been a long time coming and well worth it COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom