+++ 25/01/20 Newcastle United v OUFC FAC +++

A better idea would be to get on the blower to Uncle Firoz and have a stand put behind the fence. Pop the Mags in there and fill the North Stand with Oxford. Now he’s such a good friend I’m sure we could get it sorted in a matter of days.

Just back - I fancy us in the replay. We’ve had tougher games in L1 this season and definitely should’ve pinched it through either Browne or Fosu in the last 10.

Cracking effort from our lot up in the gods as well. Loud and proud.

That's a very, very good idea. (y)
I'd put them out to season ticket holders and members until Friday then on open sale in person on Saturday with tickets for the Blackpool game, then what's left going online from the Sunday. Hopefully will encourage a decent number at Blackpool but will also give enough time to ensure a sell out.

The boys did good, thought Skyes had an excellent game, maybe middle of the park might suit him better. great day out. Newcastle fans on the train home said Dickie outstanding and can they sign him... told them he is not for sale.

thought Sykes was excellent today along with Gorrin.
thought Dickie was a bit careless in the first half but head injury might have been an issue? Moore edged it for me today out of the two.
Special mention for Long, great game and that long run forward where he just exploited the gaps was immense.

Could do but wouldn’t. Also I don’t think you can use players in the replay who weren’t signed for the first game as I heard on the radio on way back?
Oh yes, they had to be eligible for the first game, unless it's special dispensation for a goalkeeper. That rule may benefit us more than them, if they make a few last minute signings.
It seems that Joelinton is this year's version of Mitrovic, reading their Twits or whatever they're called.

Imagine booking a hotel for half the way back and a restaurant reservation nearby to find the restaurant is in the wrong city and your hotel room is in the wrong month!

Oh well pushed on and back home now.

Well done Oxford, was a good craic even as a family set next to a group of rowdy youf everybody was respectful of each other and we all had a good time.

Bbc and guardian reports suggest we were lucky not to concede that Var penalty. I thought they were lucky not to get a booking. Thoughts?

Ive always thought, that if a player goes down in the penalty box, and the referee allows play to continue, and doesn’t award a penalty. Then surely that’s diving/cheating/simulation... which results in a booking! Anyway fair play to Josh Ruffels, kept his cool, and brought his foot back. Easy to lunge, in the heat of the moment.

Best thing to do for the replay is give priority to people who haven’t been to a game since Wembley.

There’s been many a thread on here about attracting new/old fans and this is our time! They know ST holders and members will be there regardless.

Let’s win those fans back and ‘turbo charge’ reuniting those with the club.

Best thing to do for the replay is give priority to people who haven’t been to a game since Wembley.

There’s been many a thread on here about attracting new/old fans and this is our time! They know ST holders and members will be there regardless.

How would one go about proving that?!

Yes and we won't see them again until we next play a premiersh@t club or the next Wembley game. Glory hunters are welcome when there is room for them but there is no way that you give them priority.

Back
Top Bottom