Home Match Day Thread 24/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Leyton Orient

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t have the misfortune of catching the game, but we really need to sort out our gameplan. The amount of times we’ve taken the lead in games we’ve not gone on to win is ridiculous.

We get told by the Desmond fan club.

Let’s get players back, and let’s give him the summer.

He’s got players back, and if we give him the summer window, what makes you think that all of the sudden he’s going to have tactical nous and get a tune out of the players, and show fans he has a game plan.

20 games in he’s not shown me any of those things.

If we don’t make the play offs he has to go. We’ve all heard the rumours about the players not having him and others within the club saying he’s out of his depth. With this group of players we should be pushing top two not hanging on to the last play off spot.

If the culture within the football club is wrong from the very top then it becomes hard for a coach & players to succeed long term.

You can have all the plans in the world but it won’t gel over a full season.

Des really hasn’t worked so far but I don’t think he will ever be given the freedom to be anything like the coach that the City Football Group think he is.

That was grim, it looked like we were in trouble from about 35 minutes. I thought Matete had a terrible game but not sure anyone comes out with too much credit. Also Moore can't come back soon enough.

Steve.

There are problems at the top, that is well publicised. But there is absolutely no excuse for that performance. Just call a spade a spade. Des has 20 odd players to coach, motivate and slap in to a competitive state on a Saturday and he’s not doing it. He’s had long enough to be better than that. As heartbreaking as it is that the romance of the Oxford boy storyline is dead, he’s failing.

I don't think there is any debating that we're P**s poor at the moment. Our defending in particular is awful. But there is a fair point in there about structural issues at the club.

If we did sack Buckingham (which I'm not suggesting we do) then we still have the same senior management running the show. These are the same clowns that *backed Robinson well beyond his use by date. They have been failing to effectively run the football side of the club far longer than Buckingham has been in post, and we'd have to trust them to identify the right replacement and get them the right support staff in.

I would far rather the heat was turned up on Williams and Ferguson first.

*I say they backed him. They didn't really. They hid apart from the time Grant liked something on Twitter once.

Our tactics seem to be random. Today 1st half we sat back and tried to hit orient on the break. But it just ended up being desperate defending. 2nd half we created nothing and basically just waited until the Bleeding obvious happened and orient scored 2. We then decide to take the game to orient or rather orient decided to sit back as we create next to f*****g nothing. Doesn't really matter who we play we are 2nd best in all departments.

I think these players need to be named and shamed. Fans are turning up, spending a lot of money to come and watch games while they are just sticking 2 fingers up at us.

If I was you, I certainly wouldn’t want to protect them.

You don’t need to worry about it @Steve Gilbert you think I’m telling porkies.

Orient deserve that. Sharper and better organised from the off. Our moments of good play were not, because of but, despite of, Des (sorry) when the players instincts kick in. So ponderous, so wasteful, so unimaginative.

Yeah, but if the players sulk and won't play for him, then that's on them. Most other jobs, they'd get at least a warning, if not the sack.

If your the manager, and know players aren’t performing for you, why would you continue to select them. There are players on the bench or not in the squad that merit a start.

He’s got players back, and if we give him the summer window, what makes you think that all of the sudden he’s going to have tactical nous and get a tune out of the players, and show fans he has a game plan.

20 games in he’s not shown me any of those things.
The situation is simple - if the Board are serious about promotion he needs to go now and they need to get somebody with nous in - this is the best chance we are going to have and nice Des will never get us up

Of course the Board are not really serious about it so he will stay and we will spunk our chances under his incredibly weak leadership

Orient deserve that. Sharper and better organised from the off. Our moments of good play were not, because of but, despite of, Des (sorry) when the players instincts kick in. So ponderous, so wasteful, so unimaginative.
We looked better in the final ten when the players abandoned whatever modern football "plan" desperate Des had and just went for it.

Agree fully

Absolutely horrendous again today. By Christ we miss Moore but there's no excuse for the last 4 goals we've conceded, laughable again today and teams don't have to do anything special to play through us. Negru and Matete particularly hopeless today, Brown and Brannagan the only ones who can hold their heads up after that. Dale looked lively and also has a bit of aggression about him, I'd start him next time.

Club is pretty rotten from the top down at the moment. Tim and Grant get pretty much everything they touch wrong and are a big part of driving a massive wedge between the club and the fan base, we've spent decent money getting Des in then left him to it with no help and made him be the face of everything, staff are leaving elsewhere (if Chris Williams has gone that's incredibly telling as he's Oxford through and through) and Buckingham is failing to get anything at all from an almost fully fit squad with some talented players. Shocking.

20 games inches not shown me any of those things.

8-10 points definitely.
If we had 10 more points we’d still be second. Maybe have a word

Back
Top Bottom