Home Match Day Thread 24/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Leyton Orient

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only one coach/manager allowed in the technical area.
Yeah, I know, but they could stand back a bit and be seen to be in unison or even if the 4th official had to keep reminding them that there’s only one coach/manager allowed in the technical area e.g. push the boundaries like most clubs/manages/coaches do etc

Yeah, I know, but they could stand back a bit and be seen to be in unison or even if the 4th official had to keep reminding them that there’s only one coach/manager allowed in the technical area e.g. push the boundaries like most clubs/manages/coaches do etc
Or where the coaches are has absolutely nothing to do with their relationship with the manager, despite some many body language experts thinking otherwise.

Or where the coaches are has absolutely nothing to do with their relationship with the manager, despite some many body language experts thinking otherwise.
Just feel Des should not be exposed all on his own whilst at the same time showing a UNITED front/togetherness. Put it this way, you’d like to think it might have a better influence than the one we’re producing at the moment.

I do remember people being dismayed at MApp's demeanour being very passive with only the water bottle as a comforter and Charlton fans similarly upset at his lack of engagement-still it went ok for us in the end before he jumped/was pushed out of the ship. People also were dismayed at the KR histrionics on touchline adding to the hyper emotional state which Manning so disapproved of prob quite rightly and we haven't had a sending off under Des since his first one.

It may upset quite a few on here but I think Brannagan is one of our problems, its all about him, he shoots too often must be 2 goals from about 70 long range shots this season. He's got to bring others into play with simple passes rather than Hollywood crossfield passes.
We know Cam is a good player but our midfield is one of the poorer ones in the top half ,and I think is shooting from every is out of frustration with how we are playing. He would shoot from his back garden at the minute. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks and the meeting on the the 7th will probably coincide when we are out of the top 6 which will iam sure will add to some tasty questions.

There are lots of people to blame for this mess but he's not one of them.

He won't be here next season I doubt and good luck to him.

I don’t think there will be champ clubs queuing up to pay £1,000,000+ and £12,000 a week for a player with no experience of that division and who will be 28 in May.

I might be wrong but i don’t think it’s as cut and dried as you’ve suggested.

I normally think managers get too much of the blame in football. At the end of the day, there's only so much a manager can do - set the team up well, give the players the game plan, and it's up to the players to execute it.

The difference here is the team isn't being set up well and there doesn't seem to be a plan - that 100% lies at the feet of the manager.

Saturday was the perfect example of the team we are under Des. Slow, lethargic, uninventive, predictable, boring.

I don’t think there will be champ clubs queuing up to pay £1,000,000+ and £12,000 a week for a player with no experience of that division and who will be 28 in May.

I might be wrong but i don’t think it’s as cut and dried as you’ve suggested.
Correct - he shines in our team but would look very average in a standard Championship one.

From a personal level, he's unlikely to earn more than he does now if he moves, will probably sit on the bench a lot of the time at a decent championship side rather than play every minute of every match as he does now and he would either have to move away from his family or uproot them (they are long-term Oxfordshire based is my understanding) so why would he move?

The view of my mate who is an Orient fan who was at the game with his dad and son:

Well, it was probably good for you and your daughter that you missed that. While you definitely have some very good players (don’t know their names but squad numbers 8, 20 and 23), I have to say that we dominated from start to finish and deserved to win. To me, it looked like your team did not have any belief in the patterns of play which the manager was asking them to follow. If you carry on like that, then I’m sorry to say that I can’t see you in the play offs. We’re certainly in a good bit of form but I think we’ve left it too late to get into the play offs ourselves. But, with this our first season back in League One, then the three generations of my family who were at the Kassam on Saturday are very content.

The view of my mate who is an Orient fan who was at the game with his dad and son:

Well, it was probably good for you and your daughter that you missed that. While you definitely have some very good players (don’t know their names but squad numbers 8, 20 and 23), I have to say that we dominated from start to finish and deserved to win. To me, it looked like your team did not have any belief in the patterns of play which the manager was asking them to follow. If you carry on like that, then I’m sorry to say that I can’t see you in the play offs. We’re certainly in a good bit of form but I think we’ve left it too late to get into the play offs ourselves. But, with this our first season back in League One, then the three generations of my family who were at the Kassam on Saturday are very content.
You know it's bad when even the opposition can see we don't have a plan!

We basically dominated the second half v Charlton.
Dominated? I would ask you to watch the extended highlights back and repost. We had the ball a lot I guess but didn’t do anything with it.
We made some terrible errors at the back giving the ball away in silly areas. To give them chances.
Second half we had 4 chances and their keeper made 1 save. We had an air shot, a long range save, one why off target and one wonder goal.
As in the first half we made lots of stupid errors at the back to give the ball away in silly areas. But actually created better chances than the first half. But for the most part we played boring Desball.

Last edited:
Dominated? I would ask you to watch the extended highlights back and repost. We had the ball a lot I guess but didn’t do anything with it.
We made some terrible errors at the back giving the ball away in silly areas. To give them chances.
Second half we had 4 chances and their keeper made 1 save. We had an air shot, a long range save, one why off target and one wonder goal.
As in the first half we made lots of stupid errors at the back to give the ball away in silly areas. But actually created better chances than the second. But for the most part we played boring Desball.
I watched the whole game,i dont need to see highlights.

Well you would if you watched the extended highlights 🤣😂
You think we dominated the second half. I think we had a lot of the ball and did nothing with it. I was bored silly for most of the game. As I have been for many since Des took over.

On the extended highlights their keeper makes one long range save second half, facts!
We fluff two chances one well wide and one air shot (well almost)
Then we have the wonder goal.
Yeah we had the ball a lot but that is the point and the reason I said we have been boring under DesB and i used the Charlton game as a good example going back some time.

If you’re happy with DesB and the way we’re playing then that’s okay. But the majority of fans in the ground are bored. Hence the lack of atmosphere.
We’re giving the ball away in stupid areas like we did at Charlton.
We’re having a lot of the ball but not really doing much with it as we did at Charlton.
The football is boring to watch as it was at Charlton, say for fleeting glimpses of brilliance. But then we go back to bore ball.

Well you would if you watched the extended highlights 🤣😂
You think we dominated the second half. I think we had a lot of the ball and did nothing with it. I was bored silly for most of the game. As I have been for many since Des took over.

On the extended highlights their keeper makes one long range save second half, facts!
We fluff two chances one well wide and one air shot (well almost)
Then we have the wonder goal.
Yeah we had the ball a lot but that is the point and the reason I said we have been boring under DesB and i used the Charlton game as a good example going back some time.

If you’re happy with DesB and the way we’re playing then that’s okay. But the majority of fans in the ground are bored. Hence the lack of atmosphere.
We’re giving the ball away in stupid areas like we did at Charlton.
We’re having a lot of the ball but not really doing much with it as we did at Charlton.
The football is boring to watch as it was at Charlton, say for fleeting glimpses of brilliance. But then we go back to bore ball.
Like I said before,I watched the whole game I don’t need to see highlights.not even saying anything about DEs,just this game.

Back
Top Bottom