• OUFC win

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Leyton Orient win

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know every manager should have their system but I also believe they should have the ability to walk in to a club and build a team around the better players. He’s playing Rodrigues which suggests he knows he’s too good to leave out but getting nothing out of him. Just not seeing the logic in any of it.

Rodrigues was the type of signing that should’ve kicked us on to promotion. It’ll be a complete waste if he goes, other than a handy financial gain (* rolls eyes *).
If McGuane, Matete and Brannagan were all 100% fit then he wouldn’t be.

If Buckingham is still here in a year then I don’t think Rodrigues will be.

He doesn’t like 10s; he prefers wingers and 8s with more mobility.
Playing without a 10 only works if you're looking at the other midfielders to contribute with goals. Other than Brannagan none of our midfielders will do so.

Rodriguez is struggling, but he can turn a game at any minute .I hope Moore is back ,Burey is in the squad. We really have got a decent squad for this league it's now up to conductor to get the orchestra playing.

Playing without a 10 only works if you're looking at the other midfielders to contribute with goals. Other than Brannagan none of our midfielders will do so.
I thinK McGuane has the same number of goals from open play as Brannagan does, though both could be doing better

I hope we've learnt from the away game at Leyton. We won and it was an incredible atmosphere but we were always in trouble when they bombarded us with crosses and long balls in our box.
We are at our best on the front foot. Once we went 3 up we sat back and nearly Bolloxed it up.

We are at our best on the front foot. Once we went 3 up we sat back and nearly Bolloxed it up.

Nah, at Orient going to a back 3 changed the game for us - we saw out the last 20 minutes with relative ease when most were expecting bombardment.

Buckingham would probably argue that since the turn of the year nearly all of our goals outside of Brannagan have been scored by the players occupying the centre forward and winger positions, so it’s from those areas that he’s looking for an increase in goals rather than from midfielders.

He’s not interested in 10s if he has other options. He’s told people that himself by stating his preferred formations publicly, neither of which involves playing with one.

Buckingham would probably argue that since the turn of the year nearly all of our goals outside of Brannagan have been scored by the players occupying the centre forward and winger positions, so it’s from those areas that he’s looking for an increase in goals rather than from midfielders.

He’s not interested in 10s if he has other options. He’s told people that himself by stating his preferred formations publicly, neither of which involves playing with one.
My response to that would be we haven't scored enough goals in general, and none of our forward players have great scoring records, so need to be getting them from more than just the front 3!

I wasn't aware he was so against 10's till you've said. Makes me even more concerned!

I like Rodrigues, he’s technically very gifted. He’s also taken the transition from non league to League 1 in his stride.

His form has definitely dipped, partially due to the upheaval of losing Manning I suspect.

I’d be disappointed to see him leave, but agree with @RyanioBirdio that he’s unlikely to be here next season if Buckingham is still our manager, which I expect him to be.

Sorry, I completely mis-read what you put. Thought you said 3 at the back, not 3 up.

Double espresso please barkeep.
I have lapses all the time on here, I was blaming Manning for his tactics at Wycombe the other week :ROFLMAO:

My response to that would be we haven't scored enough goals in general, and none of our forward players have great scoring records, so need to be getting them from more than just the front 3!

I wasn't aware he was so against 10's till you've said. Makes me even more concerned!
Not sure why that would particularly concern you ?

Back
Top Bottom