• SUB: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morecambe hadn't won in 16 attempts away from home until yesterday....
And yet, it didn’t stop them taking a real swing at Charlton when it would’ve been easier to play safe. That’s a team that knows it has to win or may as well forget it. 7 points from 3 games when they looked dead and buried.

The other sides are forcing our hand now - they’ve taken away our right to cautiously play out draws and that be enough. Fair play to them, they’re forcing us take the handbrake off and we’re quivering in the corner. We’re going down with whimper at the moment and that’ll be the stick that Manning gets beaten with if it ends in tears. He’s got to have a go now.

It helps when Stockton smashes in a worldy after eight minutes, but the point is that sequences end.

Now where is our Stockton.....

Yep. Much as I admire the optimism of some fans on this thread, I believe it's misplaced for two related reasons: we can't score and therefore can't win. We could easily draw our last three games and might stay up on goal difference. But is that the extent of our ambition?
My heart says we can still do it, my head says we can’t for the reasons you outline. We struggle to score, and we always concede, and Cheltenham I think will score at least two on Tuesday. Can we beat the other two, can only hope.

Poor result but no way are we out and relegated. Out of the bottom five, we hold the advantage and with winnable fixtures ahead. That being said, if we don’t win any of our last three, we deserve to go down.

My team vs Cheltenham

Eastwood
Anderson Moore Brown Fleming
Mcguane Brannagan Bodin
Goodrham Joseph Browne

Best wishes to O’Donkor and I hope it’s not a serious injury but his absence may be a blessing in disguise; another gilt edged chance missed yesterday, chances we simply have to put away
Who in this squad, though, would you have any confidence at the moment in finishing a presentable chance? It’s not just GOD, our entire squad looks like a rabbit in the headlights in front of goal.

The only exception being Cam, and he’s currently playing a role that seems to bar him from entering the opposition box.

At least GOD is able to hold the ball up and cause the opposition CBs some problems. We have looked a better side with him up top than anyone else.

And yet, it didn’t stop them taking a real swing at Charlton when it would’ve been easier to play safe. That’s a team that knows it has to win or may as well forget it. 7 points from 3 games when they looked dead and buried.

The other sides are forcing our hand now - they’ve taken away our right to cautiously play out draws and that be enough. Fair play to them, they’re forcing us take the handbrake off and we’re quivering in the corner. We’re going down with whimper at the moment and that’ll be the stick that Manning gets beaten with if it ends in tears. He’s got to have a go now.
Absolutely spot on….. no more whimpers please, Manning.

My team vs Cheltenham

Eastwood
Anderson Moore Brown Fleming
Mcguane Brannagan Bodin
Goodrham Joseph Browne
Yep that would be close to my team as well although I’d perhaps put Bodin on the right instead of Goodrham and give him a free role with Djavan playing high and wide. Then I’d play Smyth to sit between Cam and McGuane who we know can run a game with the shackles off.

We’ll both be disappointed though, I’m afraid.

Last edited:
In all the discussion of Manning, we should remember that he has two more points than Appleton had after the same number of games with us. Apps got his first win in his 8th game - let's hope the same happens for Manning!

We haven't won in 17 games. Just thought I'd mention that to help those who feel it necessary to mention it in everyone of their posts!!!

Yesterday and everything before it is in the past now, we have three games to save our season and that's all that matters.

Win Tuesday and we take a huge step towards safety. Win again on Saturday and we may very well be safe regardless of what happens on the final day. And this isn't just about blind optimism, we're favourites with the bookies for both games (I know this because I've just put a decent sized bet on us winning both!!)

We haven't won in 17 games. Just thought I'd mention that to help those who feel it necessary to mention it in everyone of their posts!!!

Yesterday and everything before it is in the past now, we have three games to save our season and that's all that matters.

Win Tuesday and we take a huge step towards safety. Win again on Saturday and we may very well be safe regardless of what happens on the final day. And this isn't just about blind optimism, we're favourites with the bookies for both games (I know this because I've just put a decent sized bet on us winning both!!)
You will be to blame then if we don't 😅

Who in this squad, though, would you have any confidence at the moment in finishing a presentable chance? It’s not just GOD, our entire squad looks like a rabbit in the headlights in front of goal.

The only exception being Cam, and he’s currently playing a role that seems to bar him from entering the opposition box.

At least GOD is able to hold the ball up and cause the opposition CBs some problems. We have looked a better side with him up top than anyone else.
For that chance, any of our right footed players. That chance was begging to be drilled across the keeper but he tried to get his body in position to use his stronger left foot and instead scuffed it into the side netting. At least make the keeper make a save.

Back
Top Bottom