• SUB: Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: Bodin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would of hoped for a win by now. It's ridiculous how our fans accept zero wins .
The squad is utter shite Kip and you can’t polish a turd, and not at least half a team of them. Give Manning a break, I’m not sure anyone would have done much better and they could have done worse. I’m not accepting zero wins either, but I’m also a realist in terms of knowing the guy had precious little to work with.

The squad is utter shite Kip and you can’t polish a turd, and not at least half a team of them. Give Manning a break, I’m not sure anyone would have done much better and they could have done worse. I’m not accepting zero wins either, but I’m also a realist in terms of knowing the guy had precious little to work with.
To be fair though he has had a run of games and we still can’t score a goal from open play- I don’t care what he sees in training at this point - I want to see centre forwards we have on our books given a chance not wingers and false number 9s.

To be fair though he has had a run of games and we still can’t score a goal from open play- I don’t care what he sees in training at this point - I want to see centre forwards we have on our books given a chance not wingers and false number 9s.
Let's face it, if our strikers are scoring against our defenders in training, is it any wonder they can seemingly do neither against half decent opposition in a real game?

Not a particularly high bar is it!

There must be an issue with Tyler Smith though, fitness or attitude? Tho no one has posted anything about why he’s genuinely not playing other than guesswork.

Other than Gatlin (who he did start today) I don’t think we have any other actual centre forwards and that’s the problem. Browne, Joseph, Bodin, Wildshut are forward players but not what I’d call centre forwards. Hence the decision to loan Taylor was simply shocking without bringing in several others, and not the 1 in and 1 out which we did, with the in being someone we’d probably never even scouted and knew diddly squat about. Disgraceful

Hence the reason why TW should hold his head in shame and others who allowed this to happen

We may not know how good he is, but have seen his bad side, hence he was sacked from mkd. The point is there are things he could have done to try something different, including playing Smith today, last couple of games. What ever reason he hasnt played him, the lad hasnt even had a look in since manning has been here.
manning isnt helping himself.
I didnt think it was a good appt, but chanted his name ot Peterborough. He arrived with 10 games to play, a 3 point cushion. This has become a 0 point cushion, a reduced goal difference and 4 points out of 18. We needed experience in a manager.
Agreed. Manning was absolutely not the appointment we needed. Sorry to say.

To be fair though he has had a run of games and we still can’t score a goal from open play- I don’t care what he sees in training at this point - I want to see centre forwards we have on our given a chance not wingers and false number 9s.
There must be an issue with Tyler Smith though, fitness or attitude? Tho no one has posted anything about why he’s genuinely not playing other than guesswork.

Other than Gatlin (who he did start today) I don’t think we have any other actual centre forwards and that’s the problem. Browne, Joseph, Bodin, Wildshut are forward players but not what I’d call centre forwards. Hence the decision to loan Taylor was simply shocking without bringing in several others, and not the 1 in and 1 out which we did, with the in being someone we’d probably never even scouted and knew diddly squat about. Disgraceful

Hence the reason why TW should hold his head in shame and others who allowed this to happen
even if LM has a legitimate issue with TS - how can he justify not even having him on the bench when we are in crisis fighting for our L1 lives and we are desperate for a goal?!

Remember, both Manning and Murphy will still be with us next season. It’s not in either of their interest to P**s each other off. From what Manning said, Murphy was upset at being withdrawn during the previous match, hardly a sign of someone who doesn't care.
If I remember correctly the club didn't say the length of LM contact I bet he has got a release clause if we go down and will walk away and won't look back

If I remember correctly the club didn't say the length of LM contact I bet he has got a release clause if we go down and will walk away and won't look back
If he does he obviously doesn’t give a fcuk about Oxford -so I wouldn’t shed any tears

To be fair though he has had a run of games and we still can’t score a goal from open play- I don’t care what he sees in training at this point - I want to see centre forwards we have on our given a chance not wingers and false number 9s.

even if LM has a legitimate issue with TS - how can he justify not even having him on the bench when we are in crisis fighting for our L1 lives and we are desperate for a goal?!
Agree completely but there must be something we don’t know of, but it should be explained. Did Rad Ox or anyone ask the question? If not why not? Smith should be on the bench at least if he’s 100% fit. It’s a strange situation that needs an answer

Agree completely but there must be something we don’t know of, but it should be explained. Did Rad Ox or anyone ask the question? If not why not? Smith should be on the bench at least if he’s 100% fit. It’s a strange situation that needs an answer
They did LM just said he makes his selection decisions based on what he sees in training but not to even have a recognised striker on the bench when we are desperate for goals when allegedly TS is fit - just doesn’t make any sense. Us fans aren’t stupid - if his attitude stinks or he is unfit - tell us.

Think we need to remember the context here - Matty has had a poor season by his standards, plus we didn’t / don’t have the players to give him the service to get the best out of him. Plus he had a fall-out with KR it seems, so one of them had to move on.
Might seem like a stupid move now but at the time it was warranted.

No, no it wasn't.

Not with space in the squad and no replacement.

And most of us pointed out the idiocy of it at the time.

Perhaps it is as simple as he is not good enough? I have not seen him play enough to be sure, but the odd cameo hasn’t convinced me either so far. Robinson signed Fleming, Konate, and TS in January and none really looked good enough. You do wonder on what advise,criteria, and or what incentive, his signings of the last 12 months were based on?!?

Robinson should never be allowed near a football club ever again.

Think we need to remember the context here - Matty has had a poor season by his standards, plus we didn’t / don’t have the players to give him the service to get the best out of him. Plus he had a fall-out with KR it seems, so one of them had to move on.
Might seem like a stupid move now but at the time it was warranted.
If the rumours of Robinson’s personal life have any merits, likewise the comments Matty made, then quite simply the blame lies with TW and the board. His personal situation would, and therefore should, have made his position untenable long before January. Matty’s comment if true, highlighting the lack of respect the situation created amongst players.

Nathan started to push on Smith for the second time post match, there must have been a signal from Manning or Chris Williams but he moved on very swiftly, so some warning was given.

Every time a player isn't getting in the team, it seems to be claimed that he's the obvious answer, and that the manager must have fallen out with him. then he gets in the team and is the worst thing ever, and needs to be dropped for somebody else who now isn't in the team. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

Conceded 5th lowest total shots in the league, conceded 5th lowest xG (~25) with 37(!) goals conceded (in open play). About 30xg in open play with 24 goals. The lethal combination of underperforming chances created and conceding from 1 in 8 shots.

One things for sure, without set pieces we would be fooked
Any idea what the post shot xG is, both for and against?

Every time a player isn't getting in the team, it seems to be claimed that he's the obvious answer, and that the manager must have fallen out with him. then he gets in the team and is the worst thing ever, and needs to be dropped for somebody else who now isn't in the team. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
I mean, we have a highly-rated striker on loan from a side higher up in the pyramid who supposed knowledgable people on here claimed would be a great signing, who hasn’t started a single game under a the new manager who claimed that all players had a clean slate and fresh start, and our youth striker who’s been starting up front has just been injured, meaning a left winger/attacking midfielder had to play up front, and we have a massive lack of goals… I don’t think it’s that shocking or insane that people question it!

Back
Top Bottom