Home Match Day Thread 21/7/2023 PS Friendly: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of folk trying out the SSU, shame that one or two didn't wash before they came out. A bit of deodorant wouldn't go amiss either. I thought the sewage works was bad enough but the bloke next to us, phew!
Wait until you hear how they use the toilets in the Jim Smith stand!

I wonder what the moans and groans will be like today after this friendly.

We are doomed, we looked all over the place, we need a left back urgently. These players won’t achieve a top half this season. We are going to be avoiding relegation again. It’s there opinion because they went today, and thought we looked poor.

Pre season results mean naff all. It’s all about building fitness, and getting minutes in the legs.

Only question mark - we probably created 4 or 5 quality breaks in that half, but the only goal was a weak effort leading to an even weaker piece of keeping. Going to need to be more clinical in the final third when the real games start.
Now when have I heard that before… Oh yes all of Manning’s games last season!

Controlled the game and didn't look like conceding up against a very good Swansea attack. It feels like we're really close to a strong side that will challenge near the top next season.

Very solid ,goalie looks good ,Thornley looks good ,long still not sure. Not alot of flair workman like but effective. Best look like Arsenal of old 1-0 ,1-0 ,1-0 but that's not a bad thing it's interesting the squad tonight there's alot of players missing and tomorrow's team will be different but I think we will see a team against QPR that will be close to the first game of the season.

I wonder what the moans and groans will be like today after this friendly.

We are doomed, we looked all over the place, we need a left back urgently. These players won’t achieve a top half this season. We are going to be avoiding relegation again. It’s there opinion because they went today, and thought we looked poor.

Pre season results mean naff all. It’s all about building fitness, and getting minutes in the legs.

So after watching today, on the back of Manning's ten games at the end of last season, I suspect we're going to be good this coming season......but perhaps a little on the dull side?

It could still change, but it looks like he's going to go with the 4-2-3-1, with a defensive back four and two playing in front of them, and then a front four working like mad with a coordinated high press. Suspect it will be highly effective, and we'll not concede a lot of goals. But we may not demolish many sides.

And I'm absolutely fine with that - all about results, not style for me (I enjoyed the Atkins years!). But I wonder if some of those moans and groans will start to come after we've had a few solid, efficient 1-0 wins.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom