Home Match Day Thread 21/7/2023 PS Friendly: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be said that there are some very well informed, and objective posters on their forum.

Nice place to live generally so I guess it has a good demographic, the Mumbles particularly so, although city centre needs a clean up (not helped by Debenhams closure) and the investment that’s been proposed. Have to say that as one’s daughter is studying at its university! 😉

Good luck next season Swansea.

I saw one of the best laughable attempts at hoolie behaviour in Swansea.

We were in a traffic jam getting out after the Cup 0-0 draw back in the 80s/90s. My brother had driven and we had a scarf out of the window. A Swansea City teen decided to go all 'Green Street' by trying to damage the car by kicking it, the problem is he kicked the tyre and got clotheslined by 2 Coppers for his trouble. His mate had a go as well by pulling the scarf!

It gave us a good laugh after what had been a dull game.

He was excellent but I suspect won't get the credit he deserves from a section of fans wherever he goes. It's not flashy with him and it's clear as day why he doesn't score - he's a controller and when you look at the positions Brannagan was able to get into, you start to see where he adds tremendous value.

I suspect they'll moan because he'll mostly last an hour then be subbed.

Somebody mention moaning?

My god! The pleasant couple on my right in the SSL were ‘subbed’ at half time with two ‘callow youths’ taking their place. Wow! 45 minutes of listening to them constantly criticising every move and bad mouthing just about everyone on the pitch……. and most of those off it.

Pity really, as I personally found it a very pleasing match to watch, with some lovely football being played at times. No…it’s not league nor cup action, but it was entertaining. The new guys all looked good IMHO. I hope Josh Mc (who, according to my neighbours was rubbish) wasn’t badly injured - typical Ox4d luck if he is….
Wasn’t me or @ManningBall ball then as we probably thought Mceachran was our best player. @Scotchegg wind your neck in we clearly living rent free and you’re trying to cause a nibble🤣 you’re pathetic

Weren’t us 🤣 I was praising every player really apart from Yanic. I said Long could be better on the ball which is true and maybe loaning out Odonkor. We seem to live rent free in your head scotch🤣

Oh believe me, you don't. I just found your collective meltdown the other night embarrassing and made reference to it for comedic effect. I wouldn't get too excited.

Oh believe me, you don't. I just found your collective meltdown the other night embarrassing and made reference to it for comedic effect. I wouldn't get too excited.
Bit strange though that the first thought for you to have was to tag us in a post? Like if it didn’t bother you that much you’d just leave it and move it. Hence ‘rent free’

I saw one of the best laughable attempts at hoolie behaviour in Swansea.

We were in a traffic jam getting out after the Cup 0-0 draw back in the 80s/90s. My brother had driven and we had a scarf out of the window. A Swansea City teen decided to go all 'Green Street' by trying to damage the car by kicking it, the problem is he kicked the tyre and got clotheslined by 2 Coppers for his trouble. His mate had a go as well by pulling the scarf!

It gave us a good laugh after what had been a dull game.
Ha ha - yeah, I don’t remember it as nice as it is today? Vetch field, what a s**t hole that was!

Scarf story reminds me of the time we were driving to Brighton (the Keith Cassells and Peter Foley day(!)) and went through Reading. An idiot on a motorbike grabbed our scarf that was hanging out the window (drivers side) so our driver swerved left. The rest as they say is history!! 😉😂

I really enjoyed last night, and here are the reasons why.
Beadle is a footballer and was trusted with the ball. The angles he gave the defence in order to receive and the angles he was offered to distribute were a million miles away from last season. He looks like he has agility and reach to go with it. Beadle receiving the ball like he does also gets us up the pitch, which is evidently smaller and designed to suit technical teams.
The defence looked steady with the ball especially Thornily and defended well. I think we need to keep an eye on Long as I think this style is going to expose technical weakness.
Josh Mc was impressive. He moves the ball at a suitable pace depending on how the game looks around him. A bit of a tempo master which in turn will give us our cam bran back. We dominated the midfield.
Our press from the front was our first line of defence... Something I have bored myself with to be honest, but it made us far less vulnerable and we did it with the kind of energy and vigour that allowed us to win possession in very dangerous positions.
Last but not least, the tactics and style was evident even to the untrained eye. There is obviously lots going on down at the training centre.
Early signs are good.

I really enjoyed last night, and here are the reasons why.
Beadle is a footballer and was trusted with the ball. The angles he gave the defence in order to receive and the angles he was offered to distribute were a million miles away from last season. He looks like he has agility and reach to go with it. Beadle receiving the ball like he does also gets us up the pitch, which is evidently smaller and designed to suit technical teams.
The defence looked steady with the ball especially Thornily and defended well. I think we need to keep an eye on Long as I think this style is going to expose technical weakness.
Josh Mc was impressive. He moves the ball at a suitable pace depending on how the game looks around him. A bit of a tempo master which in turn will give us our cam bran back. We dominated the midfield.
Our press from the front was our first line of defence... Something I have bored myself with to be honest, but it made us far less vulnerable and we did it with the kind of energy and vigour that allowed us to win possession in very dangerous positions.
Last but not least, the tactics and style was evident even to the untrained eye. There is obviously lots going on down at the training centre.
Early signs are good.
And I’ll add that Browne has been re-ignited. He will give a few defences problems this year.
How nice to be looking forward to some attractive football again and not the dreary mess we were presented with earlier in the year. The movement was great to see.

Just an aside, did anyone else notice the massive bunch of what looked to be foreign exchange students at the game on Friday?
Interesting variation on the introduction to the varied culture of the city....

Particular sympathies to the van driver who stopped to let one of them cross outside the cinema without having noticed the crocodile was about 100 yards long and probably missed the start of the game as a result

Just an aside, did anyone else notice the massive bunch of what looked to be foreign exchange students at the game on Friday?
Interesting variation on the introduction to the varied culture of the city....

Particular sympathies to the van driver who stopped to let one of them cross outside the cinema without having noticed the crocodile was about 100 yards long and probably missed the start of the game as a result
I had first hand experience of them around the club shop not long before kick off. They went in on mass, about 40-50 of them and were trying to pinch whatever they could. Security came and tried to ensure things were paid for, but couldn’t prevent a number of items “disappearing”. Not the first time in the last week it’s happened either so I was told. Obviously on this occasion the students were going to the game as well, but they certainly left the shop with more than was paid for, so not necessarily welcome visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom