• SUB: Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bath Yellow

Last edited by a moderator:
What caught my eye last night is that whenever McEachran got the ball to feet, he rarely got his head up to pick a pass forward.
If he received it side on he nearly always laid it straight off back to where it had come from or just surrendered the ball with a passive pass back ten yards to a defender.
At the base of our midfield, this was really noticeable.
A couple of times we took a short goal kick out just past the six yard box. Four crab passes across our 18 yard box and it comes back to Beadle who leathers it up the pitch. What the actual f**k?
Some of our more incisive play last night was good and Brannagan was bang up for it.
However, we get it around their box and we still don’t take a shot, we elect to pass far too often.
If you don’t shoot, you don’t score. Facking shoot!! Please!!

What caught my eye last night is that whenever McEachran got the ball to feet, he rarely got his head up to pick a pass forward.
If he received it side on he nearly always laid it straight off back to where it had come from or just surrendered the ball with a passive pass back ten yards to a defender.
A couple of times we took a short goal kick out just past the six yard box. Four crab passes across our 18 yard box and it comes back to Beadle who leathers it up the pitch. What the actual f**k?
Some of our more incisive play last night was good and Brannagan was bang up for it.
However, we get it around their box and we still don’t take a shot, we elect to pass far too often.
McGuane has often been guilty of this since he's been at the club, but seemed to find himself under Manning at the start of this season (plus his decent start in KR's last season). Feel he's gone into his shell a little bit now. Not sure if it's just a confidence thing with them both.

In fairness the last few games the weather/pitch quality has been much worse than we saw earlier in the season, so maybe there's an element of that. The Peterborough and Reading pitches were both cut up pretty badly.

There is only Slowdive of note to come out of Reading isn't there? Can't think of any others, whereas Oxford has had a vibrant music scene for decades...

There’s a few landfill indie bands. Does It Offend You, Yeah? and Morning Runner. Not much at all.

Is a Ride-Slowdive doubleheader the Shoegaze Thames Valley Derby? At least the stage performance would be comparable to the pace the game was played with last night.

There is only Slowdive of note to come out of Reading isn't there? Can't think of any others, whereas Oxford has had a vibrant music scene for decades...
Chapterhouse, another shoegazing lot - "Pearl" was a decent track.

Also Stuart Price, who was in Zoot Woman, and did all sorts of other stuff besides

seconded

I'm just confused as to what Des is trying to do. Going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to injuries. But I genuinely can't tell what the game plan is or what style he is trying to implement.

Passing it sideways around the back?
This is exactly what was being said on this forum about Manning’s team until Derby away. Some were even saying it after a 3-0 win against Shrewsbury.

For years we played boring tippy tappy at the back whilst 1-0 down under Robinson. Few seemed to complain then.

I really hope it improves, and I'm sure it will once the injured players come back. Let's have a bit of patience, and stop pretending that Des B is the first Oxford manager to play tippy tappy at the back. He's the third one in less than a year to do so!

January window is clear:

A new forward and loan o donks out with a recall clause
Sign Edwards on a perm deal.
A new right back and send stevens home
Another attacking center mid and move henry on
Time to drop mills too for a bit. He refuses to take on his full back and is playing way too safe, he’s had the positivity drilled out of him somehow
Agree with a lot of this:

The sort of striker we need is a fox in the box Matty Taylor in his pomp type player. There was a lot of service from Murphy into the six yard box but no one there.
Is Edwards on a permanent deal a possibility? If so, yes please.
Agree on Mills and Henry.
I say keep Stevens.

There’s a few landfill indie bands. Does It Offend You, Yeah? and Morning Runner. Not much at all.

Is a Ride-Slowdive doubleheader the Shoegaze Thames Valley Derby? At least the stage performance would be comparable to the pace the game was played with last night.
I always thought Slowdive were from Oxford. Shows you how much I know.

I think there is a case for saying that it's pretty tough for Buckingham at the moment - we are definitely missing those that are sidelined, as well as those we never signed in the first place. There weren't many options off the bench last night.

But with that in mind, we still could've been more adventurous. To me, it looked like the best opportunity was getting the ball out to either wing. Both Murphy and Mills managed to get past their opposite number a couple of times and get the ball across. I think we needed to try and turn Reading around a bit more, there was too much going sideways within our half when we actually did have some success in moving it sideways and then launching a diagonal over the opposition full backs head. My concern with the City Group graduates is that they fixate a bit too much on just keeping the ball and trying to score perfect goals, when sometimes you just need to start taking risks, even if it means you lose the ball on most occasions.

January window is clear:

A new forward and loan o donks out with a recall clause
Sign Edwards on a perm deal.
A new right back and send stevens home
Another attacking center mid and move henry on
Time to drop mills too for a bit. He refuses to take on his full back and is playing way too safe, he’s had the positivity drilled out of him somehow
Agree with a lot of this:

The sort of striker we need is a fox in the box Matty Taylor in his pomp type player. There was a lot of service from Murphy into the six yard box but no one there.
Is Edwards on a permanent deal a possibility? If so, yes please.
Agree on Mills and Henry.
I say keep Stevens.
Shayne Lavery would be the closest one to Matt Taylor

I've written my letter to Santa today all I've asked for is a couple of strikers in January.... I just hope I don't end up with two people who work on the railways

Please Santa make the right choice 💛💙

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom