Home Match Day Thread 21/7/2023 PS Friendly: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
After settling in (and since the goal). We’ve had a good 10min. Some nice passing and good movement.

Harris looks bright. Getting amongst it and causing centre backs some problems with ball in behind.

Very weird match experience watching the Swansea pictures (which are using streaming technology from ca. 2010) and listening to Radio Oxford, which is about thirty second behind.

But looking pretty solid so far. Harris is a lot bigger than I was expecting. Reading about him, he sounded like a shifty winger - but he looks like a proper centre forward.

We are definitely going to be playing out from the back this season, so time to look forward to some heart-in-mouth moments!

So far, so good. Although we're going to need to stay switched on whilst Yates is up front for them - they just paid £4m for him, so he must be decent.

The Swansea commentator would have you think Swansea have dominated this game and we've barely been in their half! I do miss the quality of Jerome and Nathan when I'm listening to other club commentators.

Good first half, comfortable and confident on the ball, but for some better decisions we’d be two or three up. McEachran controlling the midfield and the movement and pressing by our front three is excellent. Beadle looks lively and agile, couple of decent claims so far, two loose kicks aside he’s done well.

The Swansea commentator would have you think Swansea have dominated this game and we've barely been in their half! I do miss the quality of Jerome and Nathan when I'm listening to other club commentators.

Don't listen to the Swansea commentators then - watch the Swansea pictures and listen to Radio Oxford! They're about thirty seconds behind.....but that just means you have plenty of time to look forward to what they're going to say!!

Really good half for us that.....the front four worked their B*****s off, and the Swansea defenders couldn't cope. Everyone looked rock solid at the back too.

With the standard Jamie Guy disclaimer, Harris has looked dangerous, Beadle has looked calm as you like and McEachran has been running the show. Rodriguez will have better halves, but he's not been bad.

Only question mark - we probably created 4 or 5 quality breaks in that half, but the only goal was a weak effort leading to an even weaker piece of keeping. Going to need to be more clinical in the final third when the real games start.

Excellent football ,movement Excellent and yes our center forward is a much bigger than you think. Quite a bit of promise Thorniley looks good nice to see the new right back 2nd half.

Lots of folk trying out the SSU, shame that one or two didn't wash before they came out. A bit of deodorant wouldn't go amiss either. I thought the sewage works was bad enough but the bloke next to us, phew!
No excuse not to use abit of deodorant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom