Away Match Day Thread +++ 20/10/18 Bristol Rovers v OUFC +++

Don’t know why but I think we might sneak a 1-0 win. I have fond memories last year of Mowatt sliding in front of us when he scored the winner.

They are poor at the back and toothless up front. Not only do I expect us to win but I'm confident we will. If we don't then I don't have much faith in turning this season around.
If we can't win a game like this with the experience we have in this squad then it's relegation for me. I'm always optimistic but not deluded. I only say relegation as I don't think a loss will equal a change in management. But realistically I mean let's say we lose 3 out of the next 5, that's it isn't it?

So 3-1 Mackie, Browne and Whyte. 3 points and we can get on with climbing the table and forget how this season started.

Don’t know why but I think we might sneak a 1-0 win. I have fond memories last year of Mowatt sliding in front of us when he scored the winner.
A 1-0 win would be nice but I’ve put a couple of quid on us to win and both sides to score at decent odds, so not quite Carling... therefore, 2-1 to us with goals from Holmes and Browne.

Us and the gas. Proper football teams with proper fans. In recent times we have done well down there. I can see that continuing tomorrow. 2:0 to the mighty yellows. James Henry brace. Onwards and upwards COYY.

I need a win or it will be a miserable journey to Newquay after the game..... come on you Yellows

Three former U’s in Bristol Rovers’ team last week at Burton.

James Clarke, Liam Sercombe and Alex Jakubiak.

You brought back similar memories for the Loungers. Sitting in the seated area right behind the goal, great way to send us on our way home again. I'd take a similar result if I'm honest!

Got a feeling we're just going to sneak this one. We need to get their fans to turn on them, shut them out for 25 mins and take the lead just before half time.

Bristol Rovers haven’t scored in four games and have lost their last two to last minute goals. They’re only one point better off than us.

We need to see if the Plymouth game was the start of a mini-revival as this game is against a fellow struggler and not one of the promotion contenders. Fingers crossed.

EDIT. Just seen their 'keeper is Jack Bonham. Fancy reminding yourself of one his previous performances against us?!
Misty eyed about those days already.

Back
Top Bottom