Home Match Build Up 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Controversial opinion maybe but I'd like to see Bennett come back into the team, he looks so much more natural as a LB than Leigh does and I don't think Leigh has offered us huge amounts going forward in recent games from such a deep position

I'd play Leigh LW if Murphy isn't fit enough to start.

Lincoln game is on an international weekend, so might be moved, although less chance from our end with Beadle gone and Stevens injured.
Hadn’t realised that, that’d potentially create a run of four back to back games against teams 17th or below.

Seem to remember a sink hole appearing in the car park end goalmouth a couple of years ago. Stopped the game for quite a few minutes. It was Northampton Town and about this time of year.

Wigan is a prime example of that - we won largely due to individual moments rather than a well rounded 90 minute performance.

Part of my concern is a lot of the times we can point to things and say something Des has done tactically has worked, they're defensive. We can't point to many examples where he's changed the game, or more importantly won the game, through changes he's made. Bringing on Goodrham vs Wigan maybe? But if we're honest that change just seemed like a no brainer!
Having nothing on the bench for weeks on end hasn’t helped!

Lincoln game is on an international weekend, so might be moved, although less chance from our end with Beadle gone and Stevens injured.

Still leaves Greg Leigh, Tyler Goodrham & Ciaron Brown though?

Think Lincoln have a bunch of possible call-ups too - one dude plays for St. Lucia, they have a couple of Irish U21s and I think Joe Taylor has played for Wales U21s as well?

Seems like a good chance that this one is moved........

Wigan is a prime example of that - we won largely due to individual moments rather than a well rounded 90 minute performance.

Part of my concern is a lot of the times we can point to things and say something Des has done tactically has worked, they're defensive. We can't point to many examples where he's changed the game, or more importantly won the game, through changes he's made. Bringing on Goodrham vs Wigan maybe? But if we're honest that change just seemed like a no brainer!
Bringing on James Henry vs Pompey?

Still leaves Greg Leigh, Tyler Goodrham & Ciaron Brown though?

Think Lincoln have a bunch of possible call-ups too - one dude plays for St. Lucia, they have a couple of Irish U21s and I think Joe Taylor has played for Wales U21s as well?

Seems like a good chance that this one is moved........

Forgot that Goodrham found an Irish nan. Looks like it will be off, it’s like we are in the prem with so few Saturday 3pm home games, this weekends is only the second since late October.

Why?

Just make 400 posts a day saying why Des should be sacked, then disappear when we next win, and then say you don't want him to be sacked, but you should be allowed to criticise him.

It's what all the kool kids are doing.
And then say "everyone is entitled to their opinion"... yawn yawn (n)

If it’s β€œjust as important” you must think that the following are as good as each other:

Win by playing poorly
Lose but play well.
Read it again, I said winning is a MUST. but winning with conviction and direction is also important, hope this clears things up for you?

Three points tomorrow and we can start to look up a little more than down the league table.
We are functional rather than forthright at the moment so any kind of win will give us wings.

You look at the players we have and the potential and wonder when (or if) we will see them put it all together.
If they can ALL do that, then I honestly believe anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom