Home Match Build Up 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's currently 5 degrees in Oxford, apparently due to reach 6 degrees tomorrow afternoon, and not meant to drop below freezing tonight. Surely it'll be on.
Partly depends how long the covers have been on the pitch; the turf near me has been frozen solid for days and days now, that ain’t gonna thaw out overnight, believe me. Unless the ground staff can work wonders with the covers and heat lamps, let’s see.

Partly depends how long the covers have been on the pitch; the turf near me has been frozen solid for days and days now, that ain’t gonna thaw out overnight, believe me. Unless the ground staff can work wonders with the covers and heat lamps, let’s see.

The covers only work to around -4°c. The last 2 evenings have been colder than that.

Yeah, that's true. I'm starting to rethink my optimism on this!

GBq3jXRXsAAfG2I

Manchester based Thomas Kirk is tomorrow’s referee
The last games he has had the privilege of being our ref have been, this season Blackpool (H); last season Peterborough (A) & Exeter (A)
I can't remember him so I assume OK as refs go.

Not according to the Met Office they haven't been that cold in Littlemore

The Kassam has it's own climate though🤣

The thing I'm most worried about is tomorrows feels like temperature up until kick off is around -1 and 0 due to it being cloudy. The covers could be removed and the ground could still freeze and be deemed unplayable.

The Kassam has it's own climate though🤣

The thing I'm most worried about is tomorrows feels like temperature up until kick off is around -1 and 0 due to it being cloudy. The covers could be removed and the ground could still freeze and be deemed unplayable.
I'm not a meteorologist, but I don't think the 'feels like' temperature is the relevant one when it comes to the ground freezing. It'll be a fair bit above freezing, we just don't know how deeply frozen the pitch is.

we owe Northampton - home win 3-1
The only thing that got me that showed us up when they beat us they took off their two strikers and replaced them with tyreece Simpson who scored the winner and Danny Hylton both strikers oh for a luxury to have that here.

That’s ominous.
It’s been -5to-7 all week .
Lack of sunshine in front of South Stand is a problem .
Fingers crossed.
If we extend our stay at the Kasstad all we need to do is just ask Firoz to remove the South Stand Upper and we can avoid any postponements.

Ps Apologies to Manorlounger and co but needs must and you’ll enjoy the new sunshine anyway LowerSouth.

Tuesdays weather looks horrendous with 45 mph gales coming over the fence end. Suit us or Barnsley?

Can you please stay up all night and provide hourly updates each hour on the hour for the rest of us - thank you.
I’m down with the flu so will probably be waking up in the evening anyway, perhaps I could stretch to every 3 hours 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom