Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

If this inspection was midday I think the game would definitely be on. I had to go into Oxford at 5.30 this morning and underfoot I’d say it might just about be playable by 10am - touch and go though. I’m 12 miles west of the city and hard to tell out here as it’s soft in places and rock hard in others. The key test in the back garden was inconclusive !

They have so improved ,but we have players coming back let's hope its on and a 3-1 win.

My Northampton-based Man Utd glory hunting mate has recently become a regular down Sixfields in a relatively successful attempt at bonding with his 8-year-old at the weekends they are together. *

As it's now become all he posts about in the group chat (after years of "nobody cares about Oxford mate") I was particularly gutted by the result before Christmas.

I hope we batter them so that I can put him back in his place!

*Man Utd's drop in form may well also be a reason...

They did a job on us at their place and sit 9th, albeit not really all that close to the playoffs when you consider points totals.

It feels as though we have a rough record against them in recent years too. Maybe that’s just bias from experiencing so many annoying Marc Richards goals against us.

Tough game and I reckon it should be on. It’s a few degrees warmer than it has been and there should be a bit of sunshine to burn off the frost.

Home win. Support deserves better than the 90 mins served up the other week.
The team seem in a better place now.

Back
Top Bottom