Home Match Build Up 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Donโ€™t feel confident with this one they have 4 strikers and okay 2 up front, they subbed both at their place for 2 more strikers with one of them getting the winner. But no doubt we will start with Sparky on his own up front and Goodwin to come in sometime in the 2nd half

we go into tuesdays game on a 5 game unbeaten run - granted its been 4 draws and a win, 2 very decent draws, and one battling draw with a clean sheet, and a bit of a rubbish draw, plus a decent win- I reckon we'll get a needed home win 3-1

Northampton's recent form is
W3
D2
L3

So pretty mixed. It's a big game for us- we really need a win which will make the table look a lot better.
Thatโ€™s a little bit misleading though - before their win against Bristol Rovers on Saturday their results were:

Lost
Lost
Drawn
Lost

Theyโ€™ve got 4 points out of the last available 15. They also seem to leak goals, conceding 12 in their last 5 games, double what we have.

I know thereโ€™s been some claims on here that Reading are actually a good side, that Wycombe are in great form and we did well to draw against those two - but a loss or draw against Northampton, at home, would be nothing other than a very poor result.

Thatโ€™s a little bit misleading though - before their win against Bristol Rovers on Saturday their results were:

Lost
Lost
Drawn
Lost

Theyโ€™ve got 4 points out of the last available 15. They also seem to leak goals, conceding 12 in their last 5 games, double what we have.

I know thereโ€™s been some claims on here that Reading are actually a good side, that Wycombe are in great form and we did well to draw against those two - but a loss or draw against Northampton, at home, would be nothing other than a very poor result.
Yes we definitely need a win here

Must win this one if we are serious about top six after a good point yesterday.

Cumming
Long Negru Brown Leigh
Matete Brannagan
Harris Bodin Burey
Goodwin

Subs: Eastwood, Moore, McGuane, Burey, Dale, Goodrham, Murphy
I'm sure Burey can't be in the starting 11 aswel as on the bench unless he's got a brother ๐Ÿ˜€

We've now got a decent amount of players available, if we don't beat Northampton, would it be time to question Buckingham as the way forward?

We've now got a decent amount of players available, if we don't beat Northampton, would it be time to question Buckingham as the way forward?
well you've been questioning him non stop for at least the past ten games or so

Meanwhile this forum had a poll - of the 148 people who voted 12 per cent were unhappy. the other 88 per cent were behind him with the most popular option (61 per cent) saying he needs a summer transfer window.

So come back in November.

Last edited:
well you've been questioning him non stop for at least the past ten games or so

Meanwhile this forum had a poll - of the 148 people who voted 12 per cent were unhappy. the other 88 per cent were behind him with the most popular option (61 per cent) saying he needs a summer transfer window.

So come back in November.
What an odd statement? Let's write this season off then. Bring on the summer, I'm sure Buckingham will have us firing!

Not been able to get to a game since Reading but making it on Tuesday, so looking forward to getting a good look at Goodwin and Matete in particular.

I, like others I think, questioned the dropping of Burey from the squad on Saturday. Hopefully though this signals the beginning of a period where we have the resources to effectively rotate forward players and get the best out of fresh wingers. Would like to see him start, raring to go, with maybe Bodin on the left, with Goodrham and Murphy to come on and cause issues later on.

That game before Christmas was a real grim moment of the season, horrible game horrible performance probably undeserved result. Would like to think we will have enough to get a win and continue the unbeaten streak.

I can see you and your Chuckle brother mate @SirAndyOfCrosby are good at persistently misquoting and misrepresenting me and the other 82 per cent of fans who think Buckingham should be given a fair chance. I think we'll make the playoffs (and the bookies agree)

I'm sorry for you that you find being 6th in the league under a new manager so upsetting and seem to know so little about life that you don't understand that turning around a club takes a while.

OUFC is suffering badly from its last two managers - the one who made more and more erratic decisions about the playing staff so we were nearly relegated and the other who walked out on us less than half way through his first season.

I don't think that firing another manager will make things better,

Back
Top Bottom