FA Cup 1st round draw

Happy days if its Poole...... 10 minute walk from the Holes Bay/Premier Inn on the front or similar from the Spew (New Inn).

Then an evening in the Old Town.

Just watch the Fuckup Fairy come & visit.................. :rolleyes:

And right on cue.......................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It'll be a new ground for people to visit as they have moved ground since we last played them.

Hmm. According to Google Maps that's a 146 hour drive which involves ferry, tolls and a car transporter (train).

Stupid FA.

No problem if you are true and staunch, not like facing the hell on earth that is the Grenoble road car park I'll have you know...

It'll be a new ground for people to visit as they have moved ground since we last played them.
Wiki says: The club currently play at the SkyEX Community Stadium in Beaconsfield Road, Hayes. They moved there in the 2017-18 season having spent many previous years homeless, ground sharing with Woking, Maidenhead United and finally Beaconsfield Town.

So whose ground were we at when we lost to them - I don't remember it being any of those?

Edit - not sure what 'many years' on Wiki, but I think it was here: http://footygrounds.blogspot.com/2011/06/hayes-and-yeading-church-road.html in 2010 https://www.skysports.com/football/hayes-yeading-vs-oxford-utd/208447

Last edited:
Was just looking at the Rageonline database, to remind myself what was my personal low point of the Conference years.....

…...and it also reminded me what a ridiculous impact Wilder made when he joined the club.

After losing at Salisbury on Boxing Day just after he joined (which was a pretty low point) to drop us close to the relegation zone, in the league we then went WWWWWDWWWLWDWWWDWDWWW.....before the final ill-fated flag-waving day against Ryan Clarke and Northwich.

That, plus the following season and especially Wembley, is why I will always forgive CW for his chippiness and the subsequent stagnation in League Two and am continually pleased to see him have such an insanely successful career post-Oxford.

Amen to that.

Some people just can’t let go.

What he did for us and what he has achieved subsequently just shows this was no fluke.

Following his career with interest.

Amen to that.

Some people just can’t let go.

What he did for us and what he has achieved subsequently just shows this was no fluke.

Following his career with interest.
I don't think many would deny that Wilder is a very capable manager.

Whether he is Mr Congeniality is another matter entirely.

Apparently 6k capacity
according to ryan the groundhoppers blog, (from a couple of years ago) Hayes & Yeading Fc SkyEX stadium is 3000 capacity, with 1000 covered seats ?.... cant find any (online) info as to whether the capacity has increased in the interim 2 years?

no capacity info on Hayes and Yeading FC OWS

posted this on another thread... ryan groundhoppers blog from 2017 says 3000 (with 1000 covered seats in that number) .... H & Y FC may havwe increased their home stadium capacity in the interim...but as @ZeroTheHero has pointed out, their official website doesnt give the capacity for their SkyEx stadium

Back
Top Bottom