Matches Charlton Away - 1st October - Train Strikes

captainox

Charlton away going to be hit by 2 trade unions striking on the same day.

ASLEF who are the union for drivers have announced a strike on 1st October. This is for the following companies:
Avanti West Coast, Crosscountry, GWR, Hull Trains, LNER, TPE
Chiltern, Greater Anglia, London Overground, Northern, Southeastern, West Midlands

Additionally, the RMT have notified train operators (but yet to see any media catch it) of their intention to strike on the same day.

Nationalise the lot!
Basically been running under a form of nationalised model for the last 2-3 years. Though when the government just refuse to enter the room for any talks and blame it on everyone else, it doesn't solve these disputes.

The "wonders" of GBR don't you know will allegedly solve everything.
Though a strike would then take down the entire network at once with absolutely nothing running.

Was looking forward to this one, got my match ticket and arranged to meet friends I haven't seen for a while. Now looks like I'm stuck as apparently there's no trains from where I'm living (Northamptonshire). I'm quite close to the M1 so if anyone is driving that way to the game and can pick me up I will happily pay for petrol (and I'm relatively good company!)

those taking cars you can park fairly close to The VAlley by paying between £7 and £15 on your parking space.com. 4 hours parking and within 10-11 min walk of stadium

Closest away game for me, simply had enough of Robinsons absolute dross, to waste more money.
The sooner he goes the better.

London Underground still working as usual, just need to get there which is the tricky bit!
There aren't any Underground stations very close to The Valley. The nearest one is North Greenwich on the Jubilee Line. A bus from there to Charlton takes about 20 minutes.

Hesitating….. can’t face more KR dross either. Difficult decision.

Does anyone know the best way to get from day London Bridge to Charlton’s ground with the impending train strikes next Saturday (1st), and preferably not via bus!!

There aren't any Underground stations very close to The Valley. The nearest one is North Greenwich on the Jubilee Line. A bus from there to Charlton takes about 20 minutes.
Sharing an Uber with friends from that point probably the only option, or from even further away!

Back
Top Bottom