Matches Charlton Away - 1st October - Train Strikes

Having thoroughly enjoyed Oxford City's 3-3 draw with Bath on Saturday and with the weekend's travel disruptions in mind, I'm tempted to give the Charlton game a miss and watch City in the FA Cup 3rd qualifying round. Part time supporter, or what!

Odd thing to brag about.

f**k Oxford City.

Only one club in Oxford regardless of what tit is in charge. Oxford United only.

Genueine question - with the train strikes affecting travel why not use LRC coaches? WHat would make that a more attractive option?

Maybe ask the club the %`s of exiled or wider Oxfordshire supporters?

IIRC they only pick up at the Kassam, unless heading North and then they pick up in Kidlington?

So that means folk from the county have to travel in to the KS and then home afterwards.

So why not trial extra pick up points going West/East/South? Banbury, Wantage, Abingdon, Milton Common, Aylesbury?

Odd thing to brag about.

f**k Oxford City.

Only one club in Oxford regardless of what tit is in charge. Oxford United only.
The City game was a lot more fun than any of our games this season and involved a lot more football from the home side.

Odd thing to brag about.

f**k Oxford City.

Somewhat harsh, if I may say so, AH. There was certainly no intention to brag, I was merely attempting to posit an alternative viewpoint and possibility.

The train strike has finally beaten me....
We had confirmation this morning our train going down to London would arrive in London later and our train out of Kings Cross back up to Newark has now been cancelled altogether, in fact there are not trains out of kings cross to Newark after 4pm on Saturday so that was the final straw.
5 match tickets will be posted back to the club today.

Odd thing to brag about.

f**k Oxford City.

Only one club in Oxford regardless of what tit is in charge. Oxford United only
Somewhat harsh, if I may say so, AH. There was certainly no intention to brag, I was merely attempting to posit an alternative viewpoint and possibility.
Glad you enjoyed your Oxford city game Tim , I enjoyed Banbury v Scarborough as did many other OUFC fans

Predictable I suppose Mellow that in your eyes Karl has to take the rap for havoc caused by the train strike!
WTF are you on about?? I cannot see how the post can be construed as me saying robinson as responsible for the rail strike. But then again, the diminishing numbers of happy clappers like yourself must be so desperate to find something to use to defend your demi god, that any made up shite will do. Idiot!

Had to cave and say to my mates I can't go, the last train back fron Paddington was 4.30pm.

WTF are you on about?? I cannot see how the post can be construed as me saying robinson as responsible for the rail strike. But then again, the diminishing numbers of happy clappers like yourself must be so desperate to find something to use to defend your demi god, that any made up shite will do. Idiot!
So what makes you construe from my post that I’m a happy clapper and defending Karl? As it happens I’m leaning towards the Karl out camp lately.

So what makes you construe from my post that I’m a happy clapper and defending Karl? As it happens I’m leaning towards the Karl out camp lately.
The way you had a go at me for blaming him for the train strike, when that's ridiculous. Ive met him on a few occasions and trust me he is a nice guy you could have a nice chat with who is family through and through, but from the way he speaks about players in public, to the transfer market debacle, he's no football manager that will take us up. I apologise for coming across as annoyed, but there has been too many personal digs here over the last couple of years and for the most part its stopped.
With so much hate in the world at the moment the board doesn't need it really.

I know you like to blame Robinson for everything but I’m not sure fans struggling to get to a game due to train strikes can be blamed on him! 😂
How the post can be construed as me saying robinson as responsible for the rail strike?

The City game was a lot more fun than any of our games this season and involved a lot more football from the home side.
That’s like saying that sleeping with some other woman would be a lot more fun than sleeping with your (one’s) wife. You may well be right, but it’s still not allowed

Maybe ask the club the %`s of exiled or wider Oxfordshire supporters?

IIRC they only pick up at the Kassam, unless heading North and then they pick up in Kidlington?

So that means folk from the county have to travel in to the KS and then home afterwards.

So why not trial extra pick up points going West/East/South? Banbury, Wantage, Abingdon, Milton Common, Aylesbury?
Preferred it when they picked up in Bicester, but think BV traffic put a stop to that. Makes it difficult getting home especially from night games , from Kidlington.
Maybe they could trial picking up at Bicester Park and ride then round the ring road to Middleton Stoney and M40

Back
Top Bottom