Fan's View 1st Game - Thank you.

Marston Road yellow

Yesterday after many years of trying I managed to get both of my sons who hate football to come to the game. It was their first live game and because of the euros their interest had been slightly pricked. We sat in the SSL and from the start everyone was brilliant with them, from the guy in the queue who’d been coming for 49 years and hoped for a 10-0 for them to the turnstile guy who made them smile on the way through to Carl Robinson pointing at my youngest and smiling and waving at him, the OUFC official in the technical area that pointed players to my boys after the game so that they could meet them, and to Dan Agyei, and Ryan Williams for coming over and getting their photo with the boys. You all made a real impact on my kids who in their own word had the best day ever.
Thank you to the club for putting on special pricing that helped me convince my wife that if they hated it and we had to leave we wouldn’t waste too much money.
It did kind of help that we won 3-1 and that the game was good…. So I wanted to say thank you your small moments of kindness have helped to make 2 boys who hate football into fans pestering to go next week

That's Oxford once it's in your blood, it sure is a rough ride all the highs and a few lows. Glad everyone enjoyed the day COYY.

Yesterday after many years of trying I managed to get both of my sons who hate football to come to the game. It was their first live game and because of the euros their interest had been slightly pricked. We sat in the SSL and from the start everyone was brilliant with them, from the guy in the queue who’d been coming for 49 years and hoped for a 10-0 for them to the turnstile guy who made them smile on the way through to Carl Robinson pointing at my youngest and smiling and waving at him, the OUFC official in the technical area that pointed players to my boys after the game so that they could meet them, and to Dan Agyei, and Ryan Williams for coming over and getting their photo with the boys. You all made a real impact on my kids who in their own word had the best day ever.
Thank you to the club for putting on special pricing that helped me convince my wife that if they hated it and we had to leave we wouldn’t waste too much money.
It did kind of help that we won 3-1 and that the game was good…. So I wanted to say thank you your small moments of kindness have helped to make 2 boys who hate football into fans pestering to go next week
This must be " The Post of the Year ".

Your only problem now is affording 3 season tickets for 22/23

I know for certain that the club have seen this thread.

Do you mean it didn`t need to go through the Supporters Panel? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's the little things that matter, it's the little things that "hook" future customers.

Next job is to work on those "lost" customers that have yet to come back or not made their usual purchases.....

Do you mean it didn`t need to go through the Supporters Panel? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's the little things that matter, it's the little things that "hook" future customers.

Next job is to work on those "lost" customers that have yet to come back or not made their usual purchases.....
The club are aware of how many haven't returned, who they are, and are now looking at why. They will then put together a strategy to entice them to return, which may be a different thing for different people.

And can we drop the constant digs at the Supporters Panel?

Like OxVox, these are fans who are giving their time up to try and improve the experiences for us all. They won't get everything right, and the impact won't be immediate. But anything that helps attract new fans, brings back old fans, and keeps them coming back should be applauded.

And can we drop the constant digs at the Supporters Panel?

Like OxVox, these are fans who are giving their time up to try and improve the experiences for us all. They won't get everything right, and the impact won't be immediate. But anything that helps attract new fans, brings back old fans, and keeps them coming back should be applauded.

Free country last time I checked.

I admire those willing to volunteer, I just think their time, energy and efforts could have been better directed.

My first game was in 1983 (a 2-0 home win v Wrexham) as a 13 year old.
I only experienced two defeats in the next 28 games as we went through Division 3, Division 2 and into the top flight.
Hooked ever since......!

The club are aware of how many haven't returned, who they are, and are now looking at why. They will then put together a strategy to entice them to return, which may be a different thing for different people.

Thank you, that is good to know and the sort of "news" that could used to maintain momentum and interest.

I’m going to ruin this one now and say I won’t be getting 3 season tickets. I’d love it but my wife and probably the boys wouldn’t like it. Reality is that they like doing lots of things as a family on a Saturday and I love spending time with them more than spending it with you lot. If the club could think of ways to make my (ours now) projected 3-4 games a season to 6- 8 that could work. It always seems a little “season ticket or pay on the door” to me and that just doesn’t work anymore. It would be great if the club could consider something more flexible with the ticketing……. Just a thought.

I’m going to ruin this one now and say I won’t be getting 3 season tickets. I’d love it but my wife and probably the boys wouldn’t like it. Reality is that they like doing lots of things as a family on a Saturday and I love spending time with them more than spending it with you lot. If the club could think of ways to make my (ours now) projected 3-4 games a season to 6- 8 that could work. It always seems a little “season ticket or pay on the door” to me and that just doesn’t work anymore. It would be great if the club could consider something more flexible with the ticketing……. Just a thought.

Is this any help?

Wait a minute, if this post has highlighted anything it is that the family stand needs to return to the SSU that way the younger fans get to see the players warming up, see the manager etc.There is plenty of space next to the fence end to accommodate the activities they use to run before covid with olly the ox.

Back
Top Bottom