Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perkins

• Woltman

• Total voters

Malc

Staff member
A win tonight please. Just to keep the roll going. Big test Saturday.

And of course to celebrate the purchase/lease of the Triangle 🥳

Also, another goalless performance from Cheltenham. That's twelve goalless League One hours for them to begin the season. :LOL:

As long as they have scored at least ONE League goal before we play them on 26 November, that's all I care about.

Exeter are going to be dangerous like a wounded animal especially what happened tonight on their own patch . We will need to be on it from the first minute
They had only two players from their game on Saturday playing. Are there not rules that a certain number of first team players have to play?

Last edited:
They had only two players from their game on Saturday playing. Are their not rules that a certain number of first team players have to play?
They’ve been greatly softened in recent years. Think it’s something like as long as you have four outfield players starting who have made 40 or more senior appearances in their careers, you’re fine.

Very poor performance all round last night. So many under hit passes, we could've had a few injuries due to players having to dive in to rescue under hit passes.
Total opposite to the Northampton game in this trophy a couple of weeks back.

I can't even choose a man of the match to vote for. Was going to vote for Josh Johnson but hes not an option.

How has Leigh got MOTM? His passing was awful and he was afraid to take his man on.
Nobody really played well enough for even a 7 out of 10 tbh but Goodrham was our only real threat.

Murphy looked fantastic going forward, but as soon as the opposition gets the ball looks completely disinterested. Can see why he hasn't fit into Manning's approach so far.

Too many aimless balls from back to front. Eastwood especially culpable, but Leigh as well made some really interesting decisions. Felt a bit sorry for the front four as couldn't really get the service (or make the runs) to get into the game. Perkins looked good when he got the ball, but had it so infrequently. Woltman either seemed to have the ball on a string or was almost falling over it. Very odd.

Just a lot of sloppy mistakes. Again if such a thing exists, a good loss (in a competition most could give or take) to keep perspective for the wider squad.

Thought Negru was our most competitive player on the night.
Some decent saves from Eastwood, but always on edge when he’s in possession. Leigh done very well at times going forward, but the old problem was back of leaving a big hole not covered.
Murphy very bright when he came on, but you’d need Long behind him. as Mills.
Thornileys seems hesitant in everything, maybe still affected by last season’s knocks
Browns is more competitive and passing is better than Thornileys, and that was some block he put in.

Can’t remember a game where so many good bits of playing then immediately followed a terrible bit of play.MK closed down really well but if your second or third touch is to give it away so easily there’s no surprise our forwards couldn’t do anything.thought Negru was overall MoM but Murphy looked the only chance we had of getting a goal back.

How did Perkins get on last night? Yesterday was a really hectic day so I didn't have much of a chance to follow the game or any fan feedback.

How did Perkins get on last night? Yesterday was a really hectic day so I didn't have much of a chance to follow the game or any fan feedback.
I thought that Perkins, Woltman and Smyth were all poor. McEachran was disappointing as well.
Negru did nothing wrong and did a couple of crunching challenges, Leigh was good overall and Johnson, Murphy and Brown all did pretty well when they came on.
It was just one day and some players had an off day. I did think that Johnson looked more likely than Smyth based on last night?

wasnt at the game ( Jerome) , didn't even listen live

looking from the outside in , ( and I do quite rate Leigh for his attacking abilities etc) , a concern I have is that's two games where Leighs decision making when defending hasn't been great - two yellows V Vale , gave away a pen in pizza trophy V MKd

Back
Top Bottom