Votes: 33 97.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • MK Dons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foley

So a good opportunity for some back up players tomorrow.

For anybody going it is a 7 O' Clock kick off.

Wembley, 30000, All the big game charlies will be looking in the loft for their club colours again, was it the final v Coventry last worn, or did they get a wash for the Arsenal game. See you all tomorrow night then, i dont think.

Guess this will come down to whether keeping Harris playing through his suspension is more important than getting Perkins a start up front. Personally would like to see him and Woltman in action. Get the feeling we're taking the Pizza quite seriously this year.
We’re not it just looks that way coz the squad is that damn good

Wembley, 30000, All the big game charlies will be looking in the loft for their club colours again, was it the final v Coventry last worn, or did they get a wash for the Arsenal game. See you all tomorrow night then, i dont think.

Be s**t just season ticket holders going to Wembley, that’s the sort of numbers High Wycombe take.

Of the 12 EFL Cup games tomorrow night 9 are at 19:00. Very odd.
They often kick off at 19:00 in this competition.

I've often assumed to try make it more appealing for fans to bring their children - earlier kickoff time on a school night and the admission is cheaper.
And also to use less of the floodlights given the attendances are way below the norm and presumably clubs aren't making too much profit on gate receipts once you take out the costs.

One of the CBs from Saturday will probably have to play again (unless they want to give Franklin another game at his preferred position).

But otherwise, it's a testament to the strength of the squad that we can potentially make ten changes and still field a really good side. Something like:

Eastwood
Stevens Moore Negru Leigh
McEachran Smyth
Goodrham Woltmann Perkins/Murphy
Harris.

They often kick off at 19:00 in this competition.

I've often assumed to try make it more appealing for fans to bring their children - earlier kickoff time on a school night and the admission is cheaper.
And also to use less of the floodlights given the attendances are way below the norm and presumably clubs aren't making too much profit on gate receipts once you take out the costs.
given the potential size of the crowd an afternoon kick off on the training ground would probably work

One of the CBs from Saturday will probably have to play again (unless they want to give Franklin another game at his preferred position).

But otherwise, it's a testament to the strength of the squad that we can potentially make ten changes and still field a really good side. Something like:

Eastwood
Stevens Moore Negru Leigh
McEachran Smyth
Goodrham Woltmann Perkins/Murphy
Harris.
Franklin has injured his ACL apparently. Feel for the kid.

I suspect it’ll be the team you’ve listed, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Brown is played at centre back in place of Moore. Guess that could depend on whether he’s going to be playing left back on Saturday or not.

REF WATCH

FNrVx7iXoBA9gPZ

Cambridge based referee Alan Young is the match official. Last U’s match was the 1-3 home defeat to Plymouth in February.
Young issued 10 yellow cards in last Saturdays Crawley v Tranmere clash.

REF WATCH

FNrVx7iXoBA9gPZ

Cambridge based referee Alan Young is the match official.
Can’t believe they’re allowing someone who lives in the city of one of our great rivals to ref the game.

And in the KR Derby, of all games.

Game’s gone.

This misses the point.

30,000 "big game charlies" may become an extra 1000 or 2000 regulars. We've averaged around 8000 home fans over the last few seasons, and there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be looking at 10,000 home fans whilst still at the Kassam. That will give us a great platform to build towards 14,000 or more at the new stadium.

It will be great if we can organically build our crowd (starting with 10k v Exeter!) but a promotion, cup run or Wembley appearance can be huge for where our club needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom