Home Match Day Thread 19/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Square pegs, round holes doesn't work. Never has done, never will. Just play the players in their best position whenever you can. It's not rocket science. Anything less than a 4-0 win tonight and KR should be sacked......... 😉😉😉

Didn't Whyte play the second half on the right on Saturday?
Surely Whyte, Holland or Bodin have to start to give some pace.
I wasn’t at the game on Saturday, due to being laid up with man flu, but I was listening on the radio.

From what I heard, it sounded like Whyte was having a shocker in the middle, then was moved out to the right, started playing much better, then got taken off?!!? 🤔🤷‍♂️

As for Holland, Bodin and Whyte all starting, I’m not sure how that would work to be honest, as they’re all wide players, although Bodin could play as a striker, but I’d rather Taylor..

Do you seriously believe that?
Do you think that any of the managers in the Top 4 Divisions ( actually any division) make substitutions based on what they thought before the game and taking no account of how the game is panning out?
Yes!

KR himself said it about the Whyte substitution! And he has said it before in other matches.

As someone else said a few days ago, he prepares well for games, but during them is often slow in making obvious necessary changes. eg waits until 70 minutes to make (pre planned) subs, whether needed or not, rather than making decisions based on the actual play. Not always but often.

I think it's one of his major weakness.

Just before he was subbed, Whyte was flat footed and not anticipating the pass. I distinctly recall two incidents which probably made KR decide his race was run - he had given his all but was a spent force when the call was made.

REF WATCH :

EwJ9_EZXcAEgbEu

Surrey based official Craig Hicks is the man in the middle for tonight’s match with the Shrews.
Hicks was promoted to the EFL in 2017. Last season he was in charge of 34 matches issuing 94
yellow cards and 5 reds.

Last six Oxford Utd games :

February 16th 2021 - Oxford Utd 0-2 Tranmere Rovers FL trophy
December 6th 2020 - Oxford Utd 1-1 Forest Green Rovers FL trophy
October 27th 2020 - Charlton Athletic 2-0 Oxford Utd
December 7th 2019 - Oxford Utd 0-0 Shrewsbury Town
August 27th 2019 - Oxford Utd 2-2 Millwall
November 27th 2018 - Oxford Utd 4-2 Rochdale

Square pegs, round holes doesn't work. Never has done, never will. Just play the players in their best position whenever you can. It's not rocket science. Anything less than a 4-0 win tonight and KR should be sacked......... 😉😉😉

Sure I remember Germany winning the world cup using 4 centre-backs across the back 4...

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

Includes Nigel Jemson, Lee Steele, Steve Anthrobus, Paul Evans, Steve Biggins, Sam Winnall, James Constable, Joe Skarz
and many more.

ERzYe6dWkAIr-ka

Hoping we show a reaction to Saturday. Forward players will have been kicking themselves having not being able to bury all those chances.

Keep the back door shut and we've got the beating of them. COYY

On the basis of what we've seen this season, as opposed to 2018/19, I just don't think that Gavin Whyte deserves a place in the team. Cardiff have knocked all the confidence out of him, and his passing, finishing & decision making have all been poor. And we have so many options to play out on the right-hand side.

Right now, I would play any of Bodin, Williams or Sykes ahead of Whyte. Or I would bring in Gorrin, free up Cam & Herbie to play further forward and have Henry out right where he was effective first half on Saturday.

Then I'd consider Forde for Long (assuming the Shrews aren't a bunch of 6 ft 5 ogres? The bigger & uglier the oppo, the more I want Long in the side for set pieces. If they're a normal side, then Forde is in better form).

Otherwise, assuming no injuries, I'd keep the same side as Saturday - and just hope they've brought their shooting boots tonight.

Whyte was markedly better when he was moved to the right hand side on Saturday, and we lost a huge amount of attacking threat when he was taken off and Sykes came on. Play Gavin Whyte on the right and he will do well at League One level. Constantly play him on the left and behind the striker and he will struggle. It’s not rocket science, it’s just a shame that players like Agyei and Whyte get castigated by fans for struggling when being played out of position - if Brannigan was played at centre back or Gorrin was put up front, you’d hope that people would understand they probably won’t flourish?

Bloxham starting for Shrewsbury is only 17. Interested to see how he gets on.

Not keen on that line up. But I was really happy with Saturdays and that didn’t go well so I’m predicting a 3-0 win

Talking up the game on RadOx --we"ve lost already so only way is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom