Home Match Day Thread 19/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play and make chances like we did on Saturday this could be another Accrington result but if we choose not to shoot like we did on Saturday this could be 0-0

I want to see a reaction from Saturday. I don't care if we win 1-0 or 5-0, just give me a positive reaction to Saturday and the three points and I'll be happy. If the Shrews don't turn up today they'll be in for a battering just like Accrington, if they do then I hope we don't gift them space in the final third like we did with Plymouth.

Would like to see Williams get a start. I expect Sykes will go back into the side.

We were a better side on Saturday prior to Sykes coming on.
I'd like to see Whyte get a few games in his proper position... as in, where he was playing during our dominant half hour on Saturday.
Whoever we bring on this season seems to weaken us, I don't know what's going on. Even substitutions that are reasonable and seem to be required don't work.

I can hear the chant now
“ we want 7 , we want 7 “
6-0 to us

Whoever we bring on this season seems to weaken us, I don't know what's going on. Even substitutions that are reasonable and seem to be required don't work.
Agreed, it's generally the nature of the substitutions, rather than the players I think. Sykes has been a bright spark pretty much since the beginning of the season - we've seen a distinct improvement in his final ball and in front of goal and I hope he can get better. Oh, he also covers back more effectively than Whyte and Holland.

The statue of the Ox has more pace than that line up, I’m afraid.
I’d rather have quality, than pace but no end product.

But of course we’d all like to see Whyte on the right, in his best position, but just like with Agyei being given a proper chance in his best position, Robbo has made it pretty clear, it ain’t gonna happen!

Williams is another option on the right, but when fit, has been used more in the left, for some bizarre reason, that only Robbo and his genius understands.

Holland has been better recently, so is an obvious option on the left, but he blows hot and cold, plus he’s had fitness issues all season so far, so might not be up to playing too many consecutive games in a row, so I’d like to see Bodin get a chance, and use him while he’s fully fit, before he gets injured again, because when fit, he’s a damn good player.

And anyway, Ox are actually pretty quick, once they get going, and you wouldn’t wanna get in the way of one running at full speed, so you never know, once that line up gets going, they might be unstoppable! 😉

Would I be being negative if I said I don’t care who starts or who comes off the bench I just want to see us take our chances win the game and move on to
Saturday 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom