• Draw

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Morecambe

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Cheltenham being off a week on Saturday this game takes on extra significance on Saturday, now.

We simply HAVE to get something at Morecambe as it’s not inconceivable to think that by the time we next play and if we get nothing Saturday we could be beneath the dreaded dotted line.

Saturday is arguably one of the biggest games in the last 10 years for the football club (and they’ll only get bigger if we get beaten!). Get there if you can!
You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can!!

Also noticed it is Ticket only, with no tickets available on the day, they should have made that clearer.
who makes these calls? - its hardly likely to be a sell out is it

football ( certainly below PL level in England) IMO ,should, in most cases, be available to the occasional supporter- putting an all ticket status on a match that is highly unlikely to attract a sell out crowd removes the spontaneity of going to a game, taking a mate or two along etc and, given most clubs are running at a loss I don't get why clubs such as Morecambe are turning down extra revenue through ticket sales...... the 3pm Saturday embargo on ifollow coverage (visuals) in the UK means no small income stream from that either.... idiotic decision

Last edited:
who makes these calls? - its hardly likely to be a sell out is it

football ( certainly below PL level in England) IMO ,should, in most cases, be available to the occasional supporter- putting an all ticket status on a match that is highly unlikely to attract a sell out crowd removes the spontaneity of going to a game, taking a mate or two along etc and, given most clubs are running at a loss I don't get why clubs such as Morecambe are turning down extra revenue through ticket sales...... the 3pm Saturday embargo on ifollow coverage (visuals) in the UK means no small income stream from that either.... idiotic decision
I guess they would say that it gives them an idea of numbers and what staffing / catering levels are needed on the day, and stops them paying out for too much, or being caught short by a larger than expected attendance?

Although I agree with you entirely. When I was doing most of my away days, back in the 90s when I had way more expendable cash, it was always rock up on the day and pay on the gate. We would often grab a few 'floating fans' around Thame and drag them along for a day out at the last moment.

Morecambe beaten 4-1 at home by Charlton last night. Burton and Accrington both lost too.

Hopefully that will inspire some confidence.
The Shrimps have had some very good home performances and results this season and some terrible ones. They held Bolton and Derby and beat Barnsley. I think you'll win this one courtesy of Manning having had a week to work with the team and the new manager effect. But I hoped they'd beat Charlton on Tuesday, thus getting a good result out of their system. How Cole Stockton is still at Morecambe is baffling and it is to be hoped he has an off day or Adams keeps him on the bench.
A 1-3 away win would be very welcome.

Massive game and to me is a dreaded "must win" as it changes the dynamic quite drastically whichever way it goes.
Lose, and that good new manager feeling goes and the heads drop, leaving us very vulnerable for the remaining games, win and the confidence returns and we play with a spring in our step which will be valuable against the lower places teams we are yet to face in the run in.

Win this one and we are well on the way to staying up. A draw is not a great result as this has to be one game that we should be well capable of winning. Don’t even think about the consequences of a loss!😳

Liam said that we’ll miss Henry’s deliveries because we have “height and physicality”.
Not sure what he’s been watching but he’s way off course with that comment!

Liam said that we’ll miss Henry’s deliveries because we have “height and physicality”.
Not sure what he’s been watching but he’s way off course with that comment!
Way off? On the face of it Moore, Brown, Findlay, and Joseph are all tall and physical. Longy is certainly physical, as are Smyth, Gatlin and McGuane.

We certainly haven't ever really exploited that, but that's systemic.

Way off? On the face of it Moore, Brown, Findlay, and Joseph are all tall and physical. Longy is certainly physical, as are Smyth, Gatlin and McGuane.

Moore is the textbook example of height not equalling physicality. Not sure I'd have Findlay down as a warrior if I was in the stands at Derby. Before we picked McGuane out of a hat and decided he was a DM, he was one of our most skillful players - excellent on the half turn and driving at defenders. That was the player we pushed the boat out to sign on a permanent deal.

To be fair to Moore and Findlay they stood up well to a very physical and direct Woking team earlier on in the season in terrible conditions, they were the centre backs who got us our last clean sheet away to the best team in the division, so I don't think its necessarily that they can't be big, strong and solid but they both seem to have completely lost confidence (I know Findlay isn't ever going to be much on the ball but his last few games he has been so bad that its a wonder he made it as a pro, he can't actually be that bad else he never would of got this far) and that has really had a knock on effect.

Jury is definitely out on both of them but hopefully Manning can turn this around in short order.

You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just get here if you can!!
That's good thinking - I hadn't considered the trailway option.

He missed out the apostrophe. As Morecambe is up north, you need to use t'railway.
I can see why you'd think that but after extensive research (I Googled 'Trailway') I gather it's a track or path through a forest or a mountainous region. So, perfect for Morecambe then.

I'm leaving now, as soon as I've prepared some cheese and pickle sandwiches (Branston, naturally) and I can find my duffel coat. See you there!

Is McGuane physical? He's tall and looks very athletic but he has a laid back style and I don't recall him getting stuck into challenges.

• React
Reactions: m
Is McGuane physical? He's tall and looks very athletic but he has a laid back style and I don't recall him getting stuck into challenges.
He's physical in the sense that he's quite hard to knock off the ball, but not in an impose himself on the opposition sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom