Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Bate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to move on now from why Tim and the board didn’t act sooner. It’s extraordinarily frustrating and leaves a very bad taste but it doesn’t solve the immediate problem of how to get out of this utter quagmire and total sh1tshow.
An inquiry at the end of the season will be needed and serious questions answered then, maybe action taken.
For the time-being we all have to get behind Manning and the team.

Not many with a bit of luck.
Hopefully the budget that we were told that will be available will reap its rewards just hope we can get a DOF/HOR in before the end of the season to identify the targets we need and jot targets we’re not going to get as Robinson and in some ways Davis as well seemed to look for.
If we are in League 2 I'd be very surprised if there was a budget to speak of. It's a tough old league with some serious spending down there.

A lot have asked that question and it’s a question he can’t answer.

Think having listened to him at the meeting at the training ground he seemed more interested in telling us of his time at Inter Milan and Manchester Utd.
Agree @bazzer9461

Its all very well being at Milan and MUFC but they are light years ahead of us and at those clubs he was in charge of finances not the day day running of a club that had been taken over by Karl Robinson.
In a way I feel sorry for him because he was learning the ropes at this level and must have been swayed by what Robinson said after all who else was there to ask.

If we are in League 2 I'd be very surprised if there was a budget to speak of. It's a tough old league with some serious spending down there.
Surely Manning will have talked budgets in this league or league 2 in the interview process. That is exactly the sort of question I would want an answer to if I was taking the job

We have to move on now from why Tim and the board didn’t act sooner. It’s extraordinarily frustrating and leaves a very bad taste but it doesn’t solve the immediate problem of how to get out of this utter quagmire and total sh1tshow.
An inquiry at the end of the season will be needed and serious questions answered then, maybe action taken.
For the time-being we all have to get behind Manning and the team.
I think there’s plenty of support for Manning no matter what heat we put on the board. So much so that most people are acquitting him of blame for relegation before it’s even happened. More and more fans are resigned to going down. Yesterday was a stark reminder of where we are - it was a pretty lame display, no new manager bounce to speak of and I think this is why people really got behind the possibility of Appleton. The harsh reality is yesterday we’d have probably taken more support and perhaps got a more energetic performance with Appleton in the dugout. His most loyal supporters will argue we’d have got the second goal and won because that’s what his teams do so well. Not Manning’s fault, it’s just reality. In the absence of genuine quality and only 10 games to save our skins, we needed an instant buzz around the club and I’m not saying we won’t get there with Manning but with performances like yesterday and people still sussing him out, it will take a lot longer than other options we had. We forfeited the right to think any further than the end of this season. So with that in mind, was Manning the best option? Time will tell but on yesterday’s evidence, no.

Manning will be great for us next season in league one or league two and I’m fully supportive of him overseeing the rebuild. Can’t stress that enough. But it’s looking increasingly as though we’ve acted far, far too late for Manning to have the necessary impact to rebuild us in league one. I think the board would be getting off extremely lightly if we allow that conversation to stop and whether we stay up or go down, Tim & Grant are as much under the spotlight as any manager.

Last edited:
I don’t see why we should fear Peterborough, though I agree we’ll lose to Barnsley. Vale won’t be able to play their loan striker and we should win there and at FGR.
Not sure how you can say that. We Don't look like winning anywhere at the moment !!

I think there’s plenty of support for Manning no matter what heat we put on the board. So much so that most people are acquitting him of blame for relegation before it’s even happened. More and more fans are resigned to going down. Yesterday was a stark reminder of where we are - it was a pretty lame display, no new manager bounce to speak of and I think this is why people really got behind the possibility of Appleton. The harsh reality is yesterday we’d have probably taken more support and perhaps got a more energetic performance with Appleton in the dugout. His most loyal supporters will argue we’d have got the second goal and won because that’s what his teams do so well. Not Manning’s fault, it’s just reality. In the absence of genuine quality and only 10 games to save our skins, we needed an instant buzz around the club and I’m not saying we won’t get there with Manning but with performances like yesterday and people still sussing him out, it will take a lot longer than other options we had. We forfeited the right to think any further than the end of this season. So with that in mind, was Manning the best option? Time will tell but on yesterday’s evidence, no.

Manning will be great for us next season in league one or league two and I’m fully supportive of him overseeing the rebuild. Can’t stress that enough. But it’s looking increasingly as though we’ve acted far, far too late for Manning to have the necessary impact to rebuild us in league one. I think the board would be getting off extremely lightly if we allow that conversation to stop and whether we stay up or go down, Tim & Grant are as much under the spotlight as any manager.
You’ve said what I’ve said and taken longer. Just no point, right now beating our heads against the wall about TW and the board. Save the recriminations for the end of season review and use the anger to get behind the team.

Last edited:

Definitely left it to late and both Ferguson and Williams are culpable for our failing s in the 2nd half of the season.

The way I see it we can get 7points from our last 3 games

Cheltenham h
FGR a
Accy h

which means we need another 4/5 points I reckon
Best bet to pick up points

Port Vale a
Pompey h
Bolton h
Think we can win one of these and draw two

Dont think we will get anything in the other three games SW, Barnsley, Peterborough and if we do it’s a bonus

So all is not lost………… yet

People talk as if Cheltenham, Forest Green, and Accrington Stanley are nailed on points but we have played 3 teams who are below us recently and managed two points from those 3 games, all were away admittedly but our home form hasn’t been much better than our away.

We took 5 points in the reverse fixtures, but we were not in this sort of form going into them.

We at the very least need to go into the last three games with some improved form, wouldn’t like to be relying on getting even 7 points from those games as things are at the moment.

People talk as if Cheltenham, Forest Green, and Accrington Stanley are nailed on points but we have played 3 teams who are below us recently and managed two points from those 3 games, all were away admittedly but our home form hasn’t been much better than our away.

We took 5 points in the reverse fixtures, but we were not in this sort of form going into them.

We at the very least need to go into the last three games with some improved form, wouldn’t like to be relying on getting even 7 points from those games as things are at the moment.
Hold on
Im going on how we played at home to Derby where we created chances and Lincoln and Morecambe where we weren’t unduly overwhelmed.
In all of these games we’ve looked brighter and more likely to score.
I get that v Barnsley SW and Peterborough we will come away with very little but in the other games especially at home we may pick up points v Pompey and Bolton and PV
By the time we come to the last 3 games FGR will be relegated and Cheltenham will probably be safe so the intensity will not be there from them

We've taken 2 points in 33...the idea that any points are nailed on at this stage is rather fanciful.

Hold on
Im going on how we played at home to Derby where we created chances and Lincoln and Morecambe where we weren’t unduly overwhelmed.
I get that v Barnsley SW and Peterborough we will come away with very little but in the other games especially at home we may pick up points v Pompey and Bolton and PV
By the time we come to the last 3 games FGR will be relegated and Cheltenham will probably be safe so the intensity will not be there from them
I'd nuance that to two decent performances against Derby and Lincoln; although I didn't think we played well yesterday. This said, even with the good performances, we never looked like scoring more than we concede (Derby I was surprised we actually scored one, let alone two).

I would not blame Manning if we get relegated, and sadly, having had the eight easy games at the start of the season that we expected to bag somewhere close to 18-24 points, we now have one of the toughest run-ins we could ever have! The joys of being a football fan who every season hopes / foolishly believes!

Last edited:
Hold on

We only took 1 point from the 3 games you mention though.

Hopefully we stay up, but I don’t think there are any banker games with this squad, it can lose to any team.

Not sure it is going to happen. We've played 3 games since KR cleared off and although the performances have looked better we are not winning games.
I was replying to the post that said' hoping for a new manager bounce'
I don't have confidence it will happen but I'm hoping!!🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom