Home Match Day Thread + + + 14/08/18 OUFC v Coventry City EFL Cup + + +

Just back. A good TEAM performance. But it has to be said against a very poor side. On that performance Coventry will struggle this season. On our side Robinson is going to have to make some decisions for Saturday since some of the so called also rans did better than the first team!!!:)

Reading in the next round please

Interesting stat we had 22 shots today of which only 4 were on target.

Just back. A good TEAM performance. But it has to be said against a very poor side. On that performance Coventry will struggle this season. On our side Robinson is going to have to make some decisions for Saturday since some of the so called also rans did better than the first team!!!:)
KR already knows his team for Saturday according to his interview after the game....and sounded like he did before a ball was kicked tonight...

Just got in, what can I say missed the first two games through prior commitments but heard the dross on the radio, so went along to see the drop for myself. Dross what Dross Coventry put a strong first team out we put out a team with first teamers and bench warmers oh and a keeper who has only had 5 first team games according GUK, that was something else, we battled for everything we won 2nd and 3rd balls Coventry didn’t know what hit them. 2 great goals a superb cross from Henry for Brown to our jump and score his first goal for Oxford, the 2nd was a well received pass for a one on one with the keeper and Whyte with his first goal for Oxford buried it. The result was well deserved and now a dilemma for Robbo for the team who start on Saturday.
Well done Oxford.

Much, much better today. More pace, movement, and desire to our play - albeit against a very poor Coventry team.

The new keeper looks decent, and his kicking was very good.

Mousinho had a very good match. A proper centre back performance, and no messing around on the edge of our box.

Garbutt definitely was much improved today. A bit more conviction and decisiveness to his play. Still far off the player I think he can be, but more promising for sure.

Norman should, I think, keep his place in the team on that showing. He's much more mobile and physical than McMahon, and seems more willing to get forward. He's no George Baldock (yet, anyway), but he brings more to the side for me.

Baptiste put in a very mature and composed performance. Very impressed.

Browne clearly looks like an excellent player. Fast, quick feet, direct, works hard, good in the air. If we can find a way to fit him and Holmes into the team together, we'll certainly be a threat.

So overall there were some good displays, and we definitely looked like more of a cohesive unit. I think we had more balance to our team with some proper width (in the form of Browne and Whyte), and Baptiste did a good job of holding the midfield to allow Brannagan to play with a bit more freedom. As I say, Coventry were very, very poor, but that was certainly much more promising.

Reading in the next round please

Interesting stat we had 22 shots today of which only 4 were on target.
KR already knows his team for Saturday according to his interview after the game....and sounded like he did before a ball was kicked tonight...

I hope not. Some fantastic performances tonight. I thought Norman and Garbutt (yes Garbutt) did really well. Browne, Whyte were excellent too.

Just seen on FB a U’s fan has had his back window smashed by Coventry fans. C***s

Really impressed with Baptiste, Browne and Whyte. Norman and Obika also gave KR something to think about.
Overall a good performance with two very good goals.
A real shame if Henry is injured as it appeared at the end.

Really impressed with Baptiste, Browne and Whyte. Norman and Obika also gave KR something to think about.
Overall a good performance with two very good goals.
A real shame if Henry is injured as it appeared at the end.
He had an icepackbon his knee

Hopefully this is us up and running now. Regret not going. Roll on Saturday.

Just got in, what can I say missed the first two games through prior commitments but heard the dross on the radio, so went along to see the drop for myself. Dross what Dross Coventry put a strong first team out we put out a team with first teamers and bench warmers oh and a keeper who has only had 5 first team games according GUK, that was something else, we battled for everything we won 2nd and 3rd balls Coventry didn’t know what hit them. 2 great goals a superb cross from Henry for Brown to our jump and score his first goal for Oxford, the 2nd was a well received pass for a one on one with the keeper and Whyte with his first goal for Oxford buried it. The result was well deserved and now a dilemma for Robbo for the team who start on Saturday.
Well done Oxford.

Loving the positivity Bazza, keep it up!!

How do they know it was Coventry fans ? Did they witness it ? Or was it Chinese whispers ?
I would probably think it was witnessed or at least would assume which I know a s only an assumed toon but make of it what you will.

Attachments

• C42E38DB-1794-4062-B2C2-7C6B901DEDDA.jpeg
    C42E38DB-1794-4062-B2C2-7C6B901DEDDA.jpeg
    972.2 KB · Views: 45
lower crowd, less pressure on the side from both manager and fans, fans getting behind the side rather than moaning, we win. Who would of thought those things would mean we won the game tonight.

Back
Top Bottom