Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/03/2019 Coventry City v OUFC +++

Listen here I don’t talk rubbish just truths and you all think we’re are save.

I dont think 52 will be enough this year, its just too tight down the bottom, it could need a record to stay up.
I havent got a clue who all the others are playing but 3 wins and we would be extremely unlucky to go down, 55 points, after the first 5 games I'd have bit your hand off for that many.

Listen here I don’t talk rubbish just truths and you all think we’re are save.
What?
Nobody has suggested we are safe.
Most are suggesting that we need around 5 points from 7 games (which would be enough in the vast majority of cases in the past 29 years)
We have won 16 points in the last 7 games.
All of which suggests that we have the best chance of staying up than we have had all season.
Is there any of those facts that you disagree with?

I dont think 52 will be enough this year, its just too tight down the bottom, it could need a record to stay up.
I havent got a clue who all the others are playing but 3 wins and we would be extremely unlucky to go down, 55 points, after the first 5 games I'd have bit your hand off for that many.
I am prepared to bet that 51 points will be enough.
Last season some on here suggested that 56 would be needed?
As others have said, many teams are playing each other. So lots of points will be lost.
52 points is just about always enough.

I'd go the other way and suggest it will be one of the lowest total points needed to stay up.

I am prepared to bet that 51 points will be enough.
Last season some on here suggested that 56 would be needed?
As others have said, many teams are playing each other. So lots of points will be lost.
52 points is just about always enough.

People always overestimate the amount required, last year I think the current Sunderland MD was predicting about 75 points for safety.

A most enjoyable couple of hours. Friend at work has a corporate ticket so saw it from the "posh side of things" & got a lift there and back. (y)
Well worth the win IMHO almost a classic "away day smash & grab", great noise from the travelling fans.
Decent team performance, nice to see us using some of the tactics so often used against us.
Shame about the whole SISU thing but such is life, plenty of clubs in similar/worse positions.
Onwards & upwards.......... whats the odds on sneaking a PO place? Stranger things have happened with us!! ;)

Think you are wrong as there are a few teams in such bad form they will need a major upturn in results to get 50, plus so many matches with teams playing each other will mean dropped points are guaranteed

Back
Top Bottom