Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/09/2018 OUFC v Coventry City match day thread +++

He said he had no problem with their commitment but they weren't playing to what they had been instructed and coached.
He is the manager, why are they not following instructions? Oh yes, because he isn't in the technical area, because he can't control himself. Sorry, he's a f*****g knobend.

Not sure about that, Brown was caught out several times and gave it away a fair bit as well. Numbers 18 and 10 both the best players out there for me.
Yeah maybe, I’m no expert. But when the wingers swapped sides Holmes didn’t get a lot of change out of him either. A good experienced player and right for this level

Excuses excuses excuses, Robinson bought these players yet they don't do what he tells them. Tactics are rubbish, he has not a clue when or who to substitute, he is all mouth, we are exactly where we deserve to bein the league, and I do not see it getting any better, no chance of the play offs , lucky to avoid relegation. Robinson out!

I feel sorry for Marcus Browne. Each game I've seen him play, he's been kicked around the park and not got a lot of protection. Cov clearly targeted him early today in the hope of marginalising him out of the game. Baptiste was on the end of some heavy challenges today as well - I am a little worried that he struggles to finish the 90 mins though.

As an aside, Garbutt's set pieces are really, really good.

Excuses excuses excuses, Robinson bought these players yet they don't do what he tells them. Tactics are rubbish, he has not a clue when or who to substitute, he is all mouth, we are exactly where we deserve to bein the league, and I do not see it getting any better, no chance of the play offs , lucky to avoid relegation. Robinson out!
Welcome back! Noticed you'd taken your negative drivel away after Burton, Newport, Sunderland and Fulham, along with the Man City draw!!!

I feel sorry for Marcus Browne. Each game I've seen him play, he's been kicked around the park and not got a lot of protection. Cov clearly targeted him early today in the hope of marginalising him out of the game. Baptiste was on the end of some heavy challenges today as well - I am a little worried that he struggles to finish the 90 mins though.

As an aside, Garbutt's set pieces are really, really good.

Yes they did to good effect and that will happen every week to a pacey youngster who can turn a game. The two main fouls that I saw on him both rightly got yellow cards. Browne will need to learn to take this if he wants to succeed. Robinson used this as an excuse in the post-match interview. Well unless players are going to get sent off every time they kick an opponent, it's going to keep happening.

Browne had a poor game. He was in decent positions around the box a few times in the 1st half and didn't pass., losing the ball while trying to go solo.

Welcome back! Noticed you'd taken your negative drivel away after Burton, Newport, Sunderland and Fulham, along with the Man City draw!!!
Glad you are so interested in me, and so happy that you are so easily pleased, there is nothing positive about being second from bottom of the league, but you keep your rose tinted specs on.

We played a poor team but tragically we were worse which didn’t look good for Oxford. At this rate Robbo and Derry will be gone before Xmas..

Also heard from a very reliable source Kuntsam has now said office staff can not start at until certain times, he has also banned them from their kitchen which makes me wonder whats upset that t**t now, he’s is going to finish this club at this rate.

What! We’re going to need a new manager by Christmas? We better start recruiting now.

As for Ka$$am we will go nowhere whilst the stadium remains in his grasp.

Yeah stormed right down to the sky sports green room to talk to Mapp!
MApps on a lucrative but restrictive payoff I heard? .... hegot a good payout from Leicester, but its a sort of handcuff payment as hes prohibited from re-entering management for a stipulated time span

Why do they do that? If they don't want him why stop him from going elsewhere?
Much as I liked Mapp it very rarely works when a manager returns, Jim Smith!

Yes they did to good effect and that will happen every week to a pacey youngster who can turn a game. The two main fouls that I saw on him both rightly got yellow cards. Browne will need to learn to take this if he wants to succeed. Robinson used this as an excuse in the post-match interview. Well unless players are going to get sent off every time they kick an opponent, it's going to keep happening.
It's really hard for young player to keep going when you are being kicked early and often - no matter what he says, there will be a voice in the back of his head saying keep safe. The challenges have gone from little kicks to proper kicks. I wonder if some theatrics when he's kicked next time from him and the senior players will make the Refs take more notice.

It was a bad day at the offfice but just a few observations.
KR interview after the game was very poor. You can see why he upsets players. Why Charlton fans were not sorry to see him go. There is no situation I can think of where publicly slating players is going help their performance. It’s his job to get them to do what he wants and if he can’t do that then he’s a poor manager.
We missed Whyte plus Browne had an off day and it’s those two that have caused teams problems. There’s not much else in the side to get us going really.
Why didn’t we recruit better strikers? That is down to KR. Obika is our best option upfront! How did that happen?
Finally we looked okay even good in the first two thirds but no clue of what to do in the final 3rd. No idea or ability to unlock a sound defence. Nothing to change is from the bench either.

I think KR is a poor manager to be honest.

Last season his enthusiasm and impetus gave us that little boost we needed, but he has had a shitter in the transfer market, is the most tactically naive weve had since Rixy, and talks a lot of B*****s.

I think KR is a poor manager to be honest.

Last season his enthusiasm and impetus gave us that little boost we needed, but he has had a shitter in the transfer market, is the most tactically naive weve had since Rixy, and talks a lot of B*****s.
His performance for us can be described as poor so far but to say he is a poor manager is factually incorrect.

Why do they do that? If they don't want him why stop him from going elsewhere?
Much as I liked Mapp it very rarely works when a manager returns, Jim Smith!
It isn’t a handcuff situation in the sense that they aren’t allowed another job, but the payoffs usually only continue for x amount of time, and if you take another job during that period you lose your rights to the remaining fee. It’s essentially like a very cushty form of unemployment benefit. You get a job, you’re deemed to not need the benefit anymore. So Mapp will be able to claim his whole payoff if he stays unemployed for the duration of the agreed period, but if he wants to get back into the game he will have to waive what’s left. Or at least the vast, vast majority of it.

In case anyone is interested, I heard a rumour recently that Robinson and McMahon have had a bust up. And I did notice that after McMahon being in and out of the squad in recent weeks, Long was on the bench instead of him yesterday.

Also, word is that Garbutt is a proper Billy Big B*llocks. Starting to wonder if the dressing room has got a bit of poison in it presently. Would certainly explain what’s going on results wise.

Oh well. Wycombe next Saturday, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom