Away Match Day Thread 13/11/2021 L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

We sang boring boring Ipswich to them season before last at home!

I’m sipping on a large glass of Ipswich tears this evening. Could not give a single toss what they have to say, because we’ve had that done to us, more times than I care to admit!

I’ve watched us play them 3 times in the last couple of seasons, and every time, they have played negative football and set up for a point. What goes around, comes around…

Nice to see that we are able to grind out games, and use the dark arts in our favour. Great away point. Ipswich will be in this league next season.
Yes totally agree , it as taken a while to learn to run the clock down , and now it seems we can do so easy at the moment.
It is a great away point , against a good Ipswich side , with perhaps their fans still got a lot to learn , with them thinking we are too big club for this league ..ZZZZZZ

Good away point, especially considering the tough week we have. If they can’t handle a side like us coming to them to get an away point, let’s face it we are hardly Arsenal under George Graham, then they are down here for another season. Most teams at this level set up to be tough to score against away, they all do it to us.

I love it when teams start slagging us off for using the dark arts it’s taken us lot of years to learn how to do that as for boring boring Oxford maybe if we wasn’t one of the most entertaining teams to watch in this league I could understand

I’m abroad at the moment and this is my only outlet to OUFC at the moment other than the Mail
How serious is Marty Taylor’s injury

Dissecting the second half, I didn’t think we were as good as the first. A lot of space was left in front of their full backs and they managed to get the ball to the byline a lot. Thankfully they lacked any belief of what to do with it and wasted their promising positions. Was Eastwood truly troubled by anything?

I thought Eastwood made a bloody good save early on to push the ball against the post but otherwise no.

We defended pretty well against a strong side imo. Easily the best defensive display performance I've seen this season from us.

I thought Eastwood made a bloody good save early on to push the ball against the post but otherwise no.

We defended pretty well against a strong side imo. Easily the best defensive display performance I've seen this season from us.

That save was in the first half - and it was really good. I was referring to the second one where he was scarcely called upon.

If you're going to navigate this league, you need to know when to do the pretty stuff and when to play "league 1 football".

We hit a good balance and very rarely intentionally play "league 1 football". So Ipswich can do one - learn the terrain you bunch of absolute inbreds.

Dunno what Ipswich are bleating on about.
They clearly aren’t used to league one yet.
As the home side, it is up to them to break teams down.
How we set up is neither here nor there.
They need another couple of years down here to come to terms with their failings.

We played the better football In the first half. They didn't create enough to be beat us so they can cry all they want.

On the train home and, like everyone else it seems, very much enjoying the boring boring oxford chants. Astonishing hubris from fans whose team looked about the level of Crewe in September.

An even game that was perhaps fairly a draw. I think Ipswich had the best chance with that Easty save at the start of the second half, but we looked the better overall. Moments in that first half we’ll look back on and rue - the Holland opportunity when through should have at least ended in a shot, and I felt we had some other good openings. Second half was a different game though. We tired and Town looked a bit more dangerous. I’m pleased with how we looked defensively, though. Never really troubled - yes they hit the post twice, but we’re due some luck with teams scoring half-chances against us. Not sure how serious the injuries were in reality (appreciate there was a bit of gamesmanship) but Kane, CB and Taylor going down were real heart-in-mouth moments.

Ipswich a strange side. You got the sense they had decent individual quality but no system or coherent gameplan whatsoever. Cook surely has to be doing better with the talent at his disposal.

Loved the ‘Agyei scores, we’re on the pitch’ chant, really made me chuckle - although I suspect that signals the start of the end for him as an OUFC prospect.

Back
Top Bottom