Away Match Day Thread 13/11/2021 L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

God some of the tweets from their fans is embarrassing!

"Hope they get liquidated", "boring", "hope the coach breaks down".... It goes on.

The last 5 meetings, 4 0-0's and a 1-0 to us!

A good point, had more chances than them but not taking them! Same old story!

As a side note today I think we lost the non league crowd record to Notts county today?

I thought that was a thoroughly entertaining game for 0-0. I think both sides showed there qualities from time to time, but kept cancelling eachother out.

I’m quite happy to take a point today, and move on.

Hopefully we put out a pretty strong team Tuesday, and advance to Round 2.

If you’re playing at home in front of one of your biggest crowds, having spent the amount that they have on players, and the stats show the away team who are above you in the league had more shots on and off target…

Then it might be time to show humility and self reflection.

Having said that if Ipswich keep picking up points against the top passing sides in the division I see no reason why they can’t stay up.

"Hope they get liquidated", "boring", "hope the coach breaks down".... It goes on.

Some of the comments outside the ground were seriously embarrasing and insulting. What a miserable lot they are!

Spiteful, they are the new Sunderland!
Had some of the comments we had directed at us gone towards some of our support, the outcome might have been very unpleasant.
Rather silly to chuck statements around telling us that we should be ashamed of our team. Mrs Lounger surpassed herself with a vocabulary most unbefitting a lady!

I've come to the realisation that I genuinely love League One. It's an awesome league. Variety, balance, unpredictability and some decent football.

Today was a terrific game between a couple of good teams in front of a big crowd in a great, traditional stadium.

And we'll get half a dozen away days like that this season. But then there's also some real minnows punching above their weight.....and everything in between. And there's typically always a couple of terrible teams....which is fun because watching the occasional 5 goal tonking is always good for the spirit.

I still want us to get promoted - because you always want your club to achieve their ambitions, because it will be good for our longterm financial outlook and because it would be interesting to see us try to mix it in the Championship.......

......but the way football is today, I highly doubt that I'll enjoy a higher tier as much as I enjoy this one.

I've come to the realisation that I genuinely love League One. It's an awesome league. Variety, balance, unpredictability and some decent football.

Today was a terrific game between a couple of good teams in front of a big crowd in a great, traditional stadium.

And we'll get half a dozen away days like that this season. But then there's also some real minnows punching above their weight.....and everything in between. And there's typically always a couple of terrible teams....which is fun because watching the occasional 5 goal tonking is always good for the spirit.

I still want us to get promoted - because you always want your club to achieve their ambitions, because it will be good for our longterm financial outlook and because it would be interesting to see us try to mix it in the Championship.......

......but the way football is today, I highly doubt that I'll enjoy a higher tier as much as I enjoy this one.
You’re right, the standard is high and we compete well. Obviously it’s all about money, but you do still get teams like Accrington who are good on a shoestring, and others who are average after spending a kings ransom.

Had some of the comments we had directed at us gone towards some of our support, the outcome might have been very unpleasant.
Rather silly to chuck statements around telling us that we should be ashamed of our team. Mrs Lounger surpassed herself with a vocabulary most unbefitting a lady!

Oh I don’t know, you get people on here who throw their toys out of the pram when we only draw at home.

Dissecting the second half, I didn’t think we were as good as the first. A lot of space was left in front of their full backs and they managed to get the ball to the byline a lot. Thankfully they lacked any belief of what to do with it and wasted their promising positions. Was Eastwood truly troubled by anything?

Likewise, we didn’t show much attacking threat in the second half. Blocked shots, tame set pieces and stray deliveries meant for the front foot approaches we didn’t really create anything clear cut. As always - work on set pieces more.

I thought Long struggled today. To his credit he never gave up and tried but he was heavily pressed and didn’t have the skill set to get out of some of the positions he was put in. He’ll have better games than that.

McGuane looked good when he came on. Bags of energy and started to get more out of the fading Holland too. Here’s hoping we see more of him.

Yes, we went for gamesmanship in the last 5-10 mins to see it out. Who wouldn’t? Ipswich fans can bitch all they want. We stopped them from winning and we went away with something.
Completely disagree. Largely dealt very well with a winger who is considered to be amongst the best at our level. Long is considerably better defensively than Seddon.

Just a sad bunch who think they’re to good for everyone else.

Thought we were decent first half and played some good football. 2nd half we seemed to just lump it at every opportunity which was a little frustrating.

I think they are forgetting the 1st half where we played some lovely stuff and controlled the game, limiting them to counter attacks!

Back
Top Bottom