Away Match Day Thread 13/11/2021 L1: Ipswich Town v OUFC

REF WATCH :

Blackpool based Scott Oldham will referee today’s big match at Portman Road.
Oldham was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2017 and was in the middle when the U’s won 1-0
at Ipswich in February 2020. He sent off Town striker Kayden Jackson that afternoon.

Last season Oldham officiated in 33 EFL matches issuing 70 yellow cards and no reds.

Last U’s match refereed - March 26th 2021 Oxford Utd 2-1 Lincoln City
Last Town match refereed - October 20th 2020 Doncaster 4-1 Ipswich

ENEmXHCXUAAQyH0

IMAGE FROM THE PAST : February 22nd 2020, Portman Road.

Matt Taylor and Nathan Holland celebrate after Taylor rolls in the winner for the U’s from a James Henry pass.

ERckmT9XkAAhG-J

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Wes Burns, Jim Magilton, Gavin Johnson, Paul Gerrard, Matt Elliott,
Luke Garbutt, Jordan Rhodes and Phil Whelan.

B5T8g6rIQAAKUgX

Gavin Whyte missing for us - do Ipswich have any international call-ups?

Tough game,Ipswich are coming into some form. Hope we can sneak a win but think it will end in a 1-1 draw

To very good teams going toe -toe in front of a decent sized crowd could be 0-0 both teams stopping the other from playing there natural game or could be high scoring
1-3 😁

Feeling good about this one ...narrow 1-2 win , late winner

First time to Portman Road for me.

I’ve done a lateral flow test and have my COVID vaccination passport to hand too as it’s a requirement.

Don’t forget that today for those who are travelling to it!

(I’ll be amazed if they’re checking these that closely but better to be safe than sorry!)

A tough game today, but one where we can expect to compete. Last season I think we lost some of the bigger games before we stood on the pitch. We gave too much respect to the opposition and tried to change our game. The last couple of months have seen us toughen up a little and there's no reason to change what has worked for us but look to minimise mistakes at the back and put away enough of our chances upfront.

I think it's most likely to be a draw, but you've got to be positive so;

Ipswich 1 Oxford 2 (Holland and Henry)

For those of you not going today, it looks like there will be a stream online somewhere, if I find one at kick off I'll drop it in - is that allowed here?

Made my Saturday the hope of watching this one!

1 - 3 to the yellows

Probably already been mentioned but just read that we are first in the form tables. All the goals that have been missing from previous encounters will appear. We can win this one.
2-1

Will be the toughest match this season so far. We’ve coped fairly well so far a couple of unwanted blips. If today’s result goes our way then yes we will be a force to reckon with and rather than read opposition fans come up with silly score predictions they might say this is a tough one and predict a more sensible score line.

Back
Top Bottom