Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cannot believe season started without compulsory testing for every team twice a week and a set of rules around players isolating and when teams can postpone and when they have to play (up to four players +ve or isolating then play, five or more postpone)

The football league was to busy trying to help the big six take complete control of English football to bother with mundane stuff like that.

Won't happen as it's Covid but didn't I read somewhere on here that a couple of Crewe players had been tested positive over the weekend?

Wasn’t that before they played on Saturday, rather than over the weekend?

they need to sort out the rules - doesn't seem to be consistent. I doubt Tranmere wanted to play on Saturday away at Salford with 7 out of their team because of it, but that game had to go ahead.
Wasn't aware of that Tranmere situation. Makes the Crewe postponement here baffling.

From the BBC match report:

Rovers chairman Mark Palios later told the PA news agency that after seeking guidance from the English Football League, Tranmere were advised to utilise youth players and the club felt they had little option but to play the match and "take our chances on the pitch rather than in a disciplinary hearing".

Later on, an EFL spokesperson is quoted as saying, "Each situation is looked at on a case-by-case basis depending on what factors are present within each club and that is why some matches have been postponed whilst other clubs have been cleared to play, with the health, safety and wellbeing of players always being the priority."

These aren't contradictory positions by any means, but there has to be a degree of transparency and consistency at some point. What, specifically, was substantially different in Tranmere's situation to Crewe's that meant they had to field youth players, while Crewe, a team with, to its credit, a famously strong academy, were able to rearrange an already rearranged game at a few hours' notice?

Also, I know there's been some mockery of the 'three point brigade', but we as a club are suffering from this. KR will have spent the last few days preparing his team for Crewe at home. He will have organised the week's training and tactical work around Crewe on Tuesday, and Posh on Saturday. The work done for Crewe is now useless, and we have lost a few days of preparation for what will probably be the toughest league game of the season. If these games were being delayed in good time, you'd take it on the chin and accept it as part of COVID-hit football. But it cannot be right that these matches keep getting postponed at the 11th hour. It's not so much about punishing Crewe as it is about compensating us.

I've been on a crewe forum.....one person said Wigan had two positives....they.caught it from them

Imagine Wigan turning up at Crewe with positives in their team. You couldn’t make it … oh … wait

And Gorrin

Gorrin is playing for HUFC tonight

20578db560ef54bac10fa26c160e970f.jpg

Still cannot believe season started without compulsory testing for every team twice a week and a set of rules around players isolating and when teams can postpone and when they have to play (up to four players +ve or isolating then play, five or more postpone)
Spot on - there need to be some clear rules introduced by the EFL with stringent penalties for not adhering to them

If you're interested, you can read this thread as a drinking game

Take a shot every time someone furiously demands 3 points

Shot everytime someone mentions tranmere fielding a youth player

A shot everytime there's a bad attempt to. Make a crewe / covid pun

Down your drink if we should never have got rid of midson
I'm halfway down page 1 and I'm spazzwangled already

Maybe its good news for us. Allows some more time for injuries to clear up and hopefully bring in a new centre back before posh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom