Home Match Day Thread 13-10-2020 L1 OUFC v Crewe Alexandra (2nd attempt MATCH OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cannot believe season started without compulsory testing for every team twice a week and a set of rules around players isolating and when teams can postpone and when they have to play (up to four players +ve or isolating then play, five or more postpone)

There's only one way to stop this nonsense - mass testing paid for by the PFA. Not holding my breath though.

As much as I want us to be awarded the three points it'll be more than likely the EFL will rearrange it again.

Only stops the nonsense if tests results can be received in good time. With the number of Saturday/Tuesday games coming up, I can see this issue happening a lot.
If (and we assume) Crewe's squad had a test following Saturday's game. Given the timing of the postponement then it may be fair to assume that they had a test following Saturday and results have landed at some point today, at which they have then consulted with the EFL, leading to postponing 4hours before kickof.

Only stops the nonsense if tests results can be received in good time. With the number of Saturday/Tuesday games coming up, I can see this issue happening a lot.
If (and we assume) Crewe's squad had a test following Saturday's game. Given the timing of the postponement then it may be fair to assume that they had a test following Saturday and results have landed at some point today, at which they have then consulted with the EFL, leading to postponing 4hours before kickof.
Agree turnaround time for tests will be key.

Still cannot believe season started without compulsory testing for every team twice a week and a set of rules around players isolating and when teams can postpone and when they have to play (up to four players +ve or isolating then play, five or more postpone)

It is utterly remarkable when you think about it.

I see that the statement from the EFL for tonight's postponement doesn't say anything about a rearrangement, unlike the statement from the first game.

With mandated, regular testing run by an outside source and no squad size limits it would have been fairly easy to complete the season.

Keep the 5 subs rule to allow for maximum squad management. Fixtures must be completed as long as you have a minimum of 16 over-18 players. If you don’t and the other team do then the win is awarded to the other team - incentive to keep your squad in a bubble. Doubt we’d see many victories awarded, teams would loan a few decent PL youngsters and pick up some promising prospects from non-league and run with squads of around 30 to make sure they always had players. Outside testing would mean immediate isolation and no way for teams to hide or fake results.

Just the cost of all squads having, say, three tests a week would need to be covered by someone - a drop in the ocean for the PL.

The PFA can contribute as it is their members safety after all.

I see that the statement from the EFL for tonight's postponement doesn't say anything about a rearrangement, unlike the statement from the first game.
They may suffer due to their mistakes with the first cancellation.

If for example Crewe took tests a few days ago being promised results by 8am today.
Then they didn't due to even private testers getting overwhelmed by demand, then they had a problem. Have you no sympathy?
No as they played with players affected against Wigan they should if they had an idea that some may be infected and the questions have to be asked is it from Beckles being tested positive last Saturday, he alone should be disciplined by the club but what about the two players tested positive during the week possibly as a result of being in close quarters with Beckles. Sorry no I don’t have sympathy as at the moment it appears they can’t learn from last weeks fiasco.

If you're interested, you can read this thread as a drinking game

Take a shot every time someone furiously demands 3 points

Shot everytime someone mentions tranmere fielding a youth player

A shot everytime there's a bad attempt to. Make a crewe / covid pun

Down your drink if we should never have got rid of midson

No as they played with players affected against Wigan they should if they had an idea that some may be infected and the questions have to be asked is it from Beckles being tested positive last Saturday, he alone should be disciplined by the club but what about the two players tested positive during the week possibly as a result of being in close quarters with Beckles. Sorry no I don’t have sympathy as at the moment it appears they can’t learn from last weeks fiasco.
I run a preschool. I had a staff member (no symptoms) off all last week because her son (no symptoms) was on the bus with a girl who tested positive. We waited until all were clear time wise before she came back. We took no risks.

We knew about the two positive tests prior to the first postponement and the two further positive tests last week.

On the 5:03pm sports news on BBC Radio Stoke, according to Graham McGarry, their Crewe Alexandra reporter: "They have done all what's been asked of them by the EFL and I can confirm that there is no more Covid positive tests in the football club at the present time; but they will be tested again on Thursday and that will deem then, how they come back, whether the game against Blackpool can go ahead on Saturday".

Thought I would post this as it makes a mockery f sporting behaviour

Attachments

• 66B70158-BFC9-431E-808F-769C8927D128.jpeg
    66B70158-BFC9-431E-808F-769C8927D128.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 68
We knew about the two positive tests prior to the first postponement and the two further positive tests last week.

On the 5:03pm sports news on BBC Radio Stoke, according to Graham McGarry, their Crewe Alexandra reporter: "They have done all what's been asked of them by the EFL and I can confirm that there is no more Covid positive tests in the football club at the present time; but they will be tested again on Thursday and that will deem then, how they come back, whether the game against Blackpool can go ahead on Saturday".

Song there are no more positive covid tests why are they failing to fulfil the fixture?

So how does that work? They (presumably) played at the weekend with no players testing positive. Why can't the same players play tonight if there are no more positive tests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom