Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/10/18 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle +++

Agree holdsteady - in fact our absentee Chairman worries me (& a lot of others) more than KR who, as you say, is pretty much gone. If Tiger is not there on Saturday I hope he is lining up a replacement!

Plymouth will do what they always do - keep 11 men behind the ball and defend and draw us onto them then they'll attack on the break when they get a chance (probably only one in the match) and score, then they'll sit 11 behind the ball again. They are bound to score because we can't keep a clean sheet - only question is can we score our usual 1 and scrape a 1-1 draw because I think that's the best we can hope for.

I hope the refs good, I can see a type of Cup Final with some tasty challenges going in :)

I hope the refs good, I can see a type of Cup Final with some tasty challenges going in :)

Oxford United v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 )
ANDY WOOLMER
Andrew Fox and Adrian Waters
Fourth Official : Tim Robinson

He's the ref who sent Ricardinho off in the New Year game vs. MK Dons.

another 2-1 ...this time were on the winning end of that scoreline

It’s our 13th league game of the season on the 13th of October, I’m not really superstitious but we will win 2-1 bringing our league goals scored up to 13.
Clutching at straws I know.

COYY

It’s our 13th league game of the season on the 13th of October, I’m not really superstitious but we will win 2-1 bringing our league goals scored up to 13.
Clutching at straws I know. COYY

You could be onto something here.

Oxford win 13-10.

I would love a win to boost morale but I fear another 1-2 reverse after leading from the 16th minute. Two late goals seal our fate.

We need a win of any kind. A draw or loss, and the atmosphere would turn very ugly. The useless one will though have his excuses already written.
robinson out!

Robinson will go with his favourites e.g. Holmes, Carruthers, Mackie, McMahon.
He would be mad not to play Holmes and we got a clean sheet so keeping the same defence wouldn't be that daft regardless of favourites?

We need a win of any kind. A draw or loss, and the atmosphere would turn very ugly. The useless one will though have his excuses already written.
robinson out!
I don’t think it will turn ugly. The Kassam residents are far too nice and tolerant.

Dunno, a poor performance and go two down say, then I think the atmosphere will turn poisonous. Short of an incredible upturn in form I think it’s just a matter of time before that happens, if not tomorrow at a home game soon, this team isn’t good enough to put a consistent run together.

Back
Top Bottom