Away Match Day Thread +++ 1/1/2019 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC match day thread+++

Yeah, the sooner tiger gets a tiny undisclosed amount for Nelson to cover the next tax bill then the sooner we can get relegated, because I doubt it will be spent on replacing him.

I would argue that Whyte, Brown and Brannagan are all more than good enough. Could also make a case for Mousinho.

Sure, and I'd add Eastwood and Ruffles to the list as well. We do have some decent players and it's bizarre that the wheels seem to have fallen off over these last three matches, which have been successively worse each time: 0-1 to a team a couple of places above us, 0-2 to a team a couple below and 3-0 to the bottom of the league. We've looked less and less coordinated in each. Either the team is totally exhausted physically and mentally (certainly our heads went down in the last two matches) or KR has totally lost the dressing room.

Although I don't have a lot of sympathy for KR, I genuinely felt sorry listening to today's interview, he sounded a broken man, long long pauses in answering some of the questions, stunned, knowing he has to say something but too dazed to think what.

Yeah, the weirdest post-match interview I've ever heard. Nelson was clearly very pissed off, I'm guessing more than about today's result. He knocked back every question he was asked, sounding like a sulky teenager. Effectively rude to Nathan and by extension the fans, who have a right to expect polite(ish) and reasonably honest answers. The sooner he goes the better.

At least Nelse is out there in the trenches and vaguely competent at his job. I take far more offence from our so called management and their mushroom strategy towards the fanbase!

Although I don't have a lot of sympathy for KR, I genuinely felt sorry listening to today's interview, he sounded a broken man, long long pauses in answering some of the questions, stunned, knowing he has to say something but too dazed to think what.

KR can end the pain immediately. He just needs to draft a short letter and hand it in to the board and walk away. We, the fans, would respect him a lot more for that.

Yeah, the sooner tiger gets a tiny undisclosed amount for Nelson to cover the next tax bill then the sooner we can get relegated, because I doubt it will be spent on replacing him.

Nelson won't make any difference to our prospects, he showed a complete lack of loyalty to our club and obviously doesn't want to be here. A player with that attitude isn't likely to put in a shift for us.

KR can end the pain immediately. He just needs to draft a short letter and hand it in to the board and walk away. We, the fans, would respect him a lot more for that.

Yes. And no. Falling on his sword would obviously be the honorable thing to do, but if he went tomorrow, who is there to step into his shoes and sort this mess out? Be careful what you wish for.

Nelson won't make any difference to our prospects, he showed a complete lack of loyalty to our club and obviously doesn't want to be here. A player with that attitude isn't likely to put in a shift for us.
If and you ta a big if he is still here next Saturday I would love to see whoever’s in charge drop
Him

Are they consistently good enough though?

That’s the problem.
There’s plenty of players that can do alright on their day..... they just don’t have enough of those days so for me, puts them in the same category as Dickie

Out of those attacking players, how many of them have an impact on the game as often as any of the following during their spells with is:

- Roofe
- Macdonald
- Graham
- Hylton
- Maguire
- Macaleny
- Even George Baldock was consistently more of a threat each week than those listed and he was playing at full back

Whilst I’m happy for all of those named to be in and around the 18 on a match day, they aren’t good enough to all be included in the starting 11 consistently.

Whyte is clearly new to this level so it might be unfair to expect him to consistently perform, but that just underlines why he shouldn’t be considered a first choice player.

Brannagan, for me, flattered to deceive. He looks like being a good player but then it never really happens for him.

Mousinho - better since he went into midfield but in the back 4 was a real liability, perhaps he gets away with it as he has improved but even so, to me that gives me 5 that are good enough including the keeper who can’t perform miracles every week, no matter how good he is if the team In front of him isn’t performing he will concede goals

Yes. And no. Falling on his sword would obviously be the honorable thing to do, but if he went tomorrow, who is there to step into his shoes and sort this mess out. Be careful what you wish for.
I’m not sure sticking with a manager who’s failed for over half of the season because the alternative is uncertain is a prospect that reassures me that much.

We have a case for sacking Pekalski then? This is a man who has never played a competitive minute for us in a year and a half, who we paid a fee for and is on good money and he can’t even be bothered to stay around over a period when English football is at its busiest.

He is our worst ever signing, hopefully he will be sacked and get a job shovelling Reindeer s**t.
To be fair to him, Robbo said a couple of weeks back that Pekalski could not be involved with the first team until Jan under the terms of his loan to Halmstads.
I think it was a deflection from him during a tough interview to take a bit of heat out of it.
Nothing wrong with him wanting to go home for xmas if there was no way he could be involved. Especially as he knows Robbo doesn"t want him. After all, he sent Smith and McMahon away when they could have been involved in the last two games!!

Pekalski wanted to go home for Christmas and didn’t want to be here! KR scoffed at that and I don’t blame him but - bloody hell - how the f**k can that be allowed to happen?!

I’m astounded that a professional can do that. Is that not a grounds for dismissal?

Thanks a flaming bunch, Clotet, for labouring us with him.

To be fair he may as well have let him go home. It’s not like he’s doing anything at work!
When work slowed down for me at Christmas the boss said you get off home mate. ;-)

I’m not sure sticking with a manager who’s failed for over half of the season because the alternative is uncertain is a prospect that reassures me that much.

I wasn't arguing for him staying in the long term, but was remembering the chaos when Chris Wilder left with no one to step in.

To be fair to him, Robbo said a couple of weeks back that Pekalski could not be involved with the first team until Jan under the terms of his loan to Halmstads.
I think it was a deflection from him during a tough interview to take a bit of heat out of it.
Nothing wrong with him wanting to go home for xmas if there was no way he could be involved. Especially as he knows Robbo doesn"t want him. After all, he sent Smith and McMahon away when they could have been involved in the last two games!!

Even if he can’t play he should be in training for the games he is eligible for a week later, he is being paid good money, has in no way earned a holiday during the season on previous performances, as he has never played.

Not certain why anyone would make excuses for someone who is just taking the P**s.

I wasn't arguing for him staying in the long term, but was remembering the chaos when Chris Wilder left with no one to step in.
You would hope the owner would have an eye on possible replacements already, especially with Robinson’s terrible start before his partial upturn in fortunes, but with Tiger we know that won’t be the case. He probably thinks Robinson is still leading a glorious charge to the championship

Back
Top Bottom