Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/10/18 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle +++

Dunno, a poor performance and go two down say, then I think the atmosphere will turn poisonous. Short of an incredible upturn in form I think it’s just a matter of time before that happens, if not tomorrow at a home game soon, this team isn’t good enough to put a consistent run together.

I think a defeat tomorrow will definitely get ugly

Eastwood
Norman Dickie Nelson Ruffels
Brannagan Mous Baptiste
Henry Mackie Holmes

1-0, O.G.

Not a bad side, and one on paper that shouldn’t be bottom of the league. However the games not played on paper.

The players are bereft of confidence & belief, and we lack some serious fire power up front.

My guess is that Robinson will go with lots of experience, the same back four at Southend, therefore McMahon instead of Norman, Henry to start, with Browne ( the best player in League 1!) getting the nod over Baptiste. Formation ? Who knows under KR.

Eastwood.
McMahon, Dickie, Nelson, Ruffels,
Browne, Mousinho, Branigan, Holmes,
Henry,
Mackie.

Mitchell, Hanson, Carruthers, Smith, Baptiste, Norman, Garbutt.

Hoping for a win, suspect it will be a draw.

I think a defeat tomorrow will definitely get ugly

Not convinced. I think the fans will trudge out with an air of a defeated side.

It’s how the fans filed out at Wimbledon and that’s a ground where you can really lay into a manager if you’re so inclined.

Last edited:
This post is coming from a season ticket holder, a normally positive person, an optomist.

Just checked the league 1 table (no idea what i was looking to achieve), i cannot fathom how we will get out of where we are. I sadly have resigned to us being relegated. 6 points from the games played, that is a complete joke. I have tried to remain positive despite recent goings on but when you are honest to yourself and look at the table, no chance. I really hope that i am so wrong i feel embarrassed. We are 100% the bury of last season.

Resigned to defeat 12 games in, angry at myself, get me a beer.

Still........ can we do it? This is the frustration of all, i just want the best for my team and right now it is not happening

Part of me wants us to win...….I am shamed to admit part of me wants a humiliating defeat that will finally lead to Robinson getting the sack. Anyone else feel like this?
I'm halfway house on this. I never want to see us lose! But I don't want beating Plymouth to be used as an excuse to not get rid of him as we have 'turned the corner.'
When in all probability there is another reason that we are not being told about and Tiger is playing for time!

Not a bad side, and one on paper that shouldn’t be bottom of the league. However the games not played on paper.

The players are bereft of confidence & belief, and we lack some serious fire power up front.

My guess is that Robinson will go with lots of experience, the same back four at Southend, therefore McMahon instead of Norman, Henry to start, with Browne ( the best player in League 1!) getting the nod over Baptiste. Formation ? Who knows under KR.

Eastwood.
McMahon, Dickie, Nelson, Ruffels,
Browne, Mousinho, Branigan, Holmes,
Henry,
Mackie.

Mitchell, Hanson, Carruthers, Smith, Baptiste, Norman, Garbutt.

Hoping for a win, suspect it will be a draw.
I don't think Browne is fit enough to start. If he is then I would try him in the middle of the front 3 instead of Mackie. He has pace, can finish and has a bit of guille about him. If it doesn't work at least we have tried something else or try it later in the game if he can only do half an hour. I am done with persevering with Mackie and Obika. They are both shot!!

I am afraid if the Manager starts Obika tomorrow then he is digging his own grave. I would honestly rather put a Youth Team player up front instead.

I don't think Browne is fit enough to start. If he is then I would try him in the middle of the front 3 instead of Mackie. He has pace, can finish and has a bit of guille about him. If it doesn't work at least we have tried something else or try it later in the game if he can only do half an hour. I am done with persevering with Mackie and Obika. They are both shot!!
One shot, one s**t.

AARRGGHH! My crystal ball is all cloudy with Hurricane Robinson! I'm going to have a total guess, because anything can happen tomorrow. So; Oxford United 2 (Kassam and Tiger) Plymouth Arrgghhgyle 1 Att: 6989 with 908 Arrgghhgyle fans. The day will start as it normally does at the Curse-him stadium. Our lot will arrive at the ground at Kassam o'clock. They will have a small sandwich lunch, involving a 'tiger' loaf from Tesco's. Er, sorry; somehow, Kassam and Tiger got brought into this conversation. KR wil spend 30 minutes preparing himself for the occasion (running up and down the sidelines swearing and shaking his fists and his 'why we lost' speak, for after the game). 'Clint' Eastwood's trigger finger will be fortified with extra strapping, just in case. Sherlock Holmes and Bird-Beak Obika will both try to remember how to score goals. Half-Nelson will wrestle with his conscience, about how to stop their airiel attacks. Brannigan will come again. Henry will suck up to the job and try his hardest to put a good ball over, into the vaccuum of their defence. Dickie will try to tie their attackers up, into a knot. Ruffles will do something to everyone's feathers. Baptiste will answer all our prayers with another brilliant performance. A dog will run onto the pitch. The scoreboard will be in black and white. I just hope that Robinson Crusoe can get us off this lonely island, at the bottom of the league. That just about does it for me.

Our preseason striker recruitment ‘strategy’ was awful for a League 1 side. Well paid professionals deciding that just 3 would be the way forward. Smith an unproven young loanee. Obika bereft of confidence & self belief and Mackie who looks as if his ‘legs have gone’. Worrying.

Robinson hasn’t got a clue what his best side is.

He doesn’t know who his best right back is.
He doesn’t know who his best left back is.
He doesn’t know what his best central defensive partnership is.
He doesn’t know who his best defensive midfielder is.
He doesn’t know who his best No 10 is.
He doesn’t know who His best striker is.
He doesn’t know who his best captain is.

Hopefully he knows Eastwood is our best goalkeeper.

According to OUFC website, Plymouth have also suffered with several injuries this season, Joe Riley & Ryan Taylor missing tomorrow, so at that is two ex players that can't score against us, but they do have the young lad from Man City they paid good money for, A Smith-Brown, surely KR has the tactical nous to exploit that weakness?

Oxford United v Plymouth Argyle (15:00 )
ANDY WOOLMER
Andrew Fox and Adrian Waters
Fourth Official : Tim Robinson

He's the ref who sent Ricardinho off in the New Year game vs. MK Dons.

Ah, Richardinho, the player on which KR made the decision to not play last season, so the number of appearances wouldn't trigger an extension to his contract. Gobbo Robbo thought he could get better …

Sadly that was my thought too...

I also dont think that we can rely on results alone getting KR the sack - even defeat at home to the worst other side in the division. To me, there are other factors at play that will mean that KR will stay until the board (whoever it is at that point) are ready to change things, so we really cannot afford to drop points tomorrow as even doing so may well not have the effect desired by some.

I wonder where we would be now if Bellamy had been appointed before Tiger got here?

Mind you, sending off Ricardinho was absolutely the right decision - it was a ridiculous challenge.

I actually think we'll win tomorrow...

Oh and to save Clive of India from wasting a post... "Home defeat"

Back
Top Bottom