Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/10/18 OUFC v Plymouth Argyle +++

Didnt a Plymouth guy on the phone in rave about his performance yesterday?

He was shockingly poor.
I was at the game with the man you mentioned he's from Cornwall but been up here since 95. It may interest you to know Macey was marked 6 in the Plymouth live player ratings making him best rated player on Saturday! He has also seen them play about 5 times this season and it was Maceys best game recently he told me his confidence is shot to pieces?
If the save from Henry wasn't good I don't know what is ? He also said they were shocking and was gutted I know he'd been to see the Wimbledon win and was stunned at the players lack of effort.
It's doesn't hide the fact we need to improve we beat a very poor side let's hope we continue to improve but I've not seem a team as poor as Argyle in a long time.

People see what they expect to some degree and sometimes opposition supporters who don't know anything about the reputations and supposed abilities of players can be a bit more objective (which is why it is often good after a match to read stuff on our opponents message boards). But Macey flapped at the ball continuously, dropped it several times and failed to come out for the ball when it was obviously his to claim. He did make one decent save, but if it was really his best game recently then - whatever his reputation - I'd be worried if I was a Plymouth supporter. He may have been their best player (although I thought their 24 was OK in the first half), but if he was that isn't saying very much about any of them!

Back
Top Bottom