Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/04/2018 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread +++

The only thing for me at the moment is Wes just dont look right. Off the pace. Good lay off though for Mowat. We look the more likely. That has put the cosh on it !

OUFCX

Just found a bar with WiFi. How are we doing?
COYY

Whilst we played well actually looking like we are actually going to score is a big leap of faith still. Not much potency up front. No shots into the corners of the goal. Hope for better finishing next half.

A satisfactory 45mins. Fleetwood haven't offered much, we have been the better team, dominated possession and had a few half chances but ultimately its still 0-0. Hope we don't have a meltdown in the 2nd half.

Glad to hear we're playing well.

Results elsewhere not great for us so far. Wimbledon winning being particularly concerning. Rochdale may be losing but I hope they get a battering from Wigan second half to properly knock their goal difference, just in case (-6 pre-kickoff, same as ours)

Best we’ve played since that loony last ten minutes at Charlton. Lots has been said about our attacking play (which is improved tonight) but our shape when we don’t have the ball is much better too.

Absolutely no idea where our combination of four talented CM’s are supposed to be playing - but somehow it’s working thus far. A little deeper than I’d like but compact, fierce in the press and both Kane and Ricardinho are making a decent fist of giving is some width.

As others have said, where has this Wes Thomas been all season? He’s been everywhere...albeit his touch has been atrocious as soon as he’s got near the penalty area. And speaking of atrocious touches, how on Earth is Mehmeti a pro footballer? Two or three times he’s tried to control the ball and it spooned up in the air over his head! But he’s big and quick over the first five yards so he is posing a few questions of their defence

Solid half - but as before so little end product. Three halves into (and/or halfway through) our crunch home game trilogy, still no goals. And honestly not many chances either. If we’d played as compactly as this all year we’d not be in danger...but at squeaky-bum time our chronic lack of goal threat is starting to get seriously concerning

Hoping I’m proved wrong and we rack up the goals that the rest of our play in the first half warranted...

Back
Top Bottom